Reducing Wicked Colors

K

kylegabbert

When you reduce wicked colors, what does the shelf life become? I want to get a siphon feed brush with a few quick change bottles, and have pre-reduced wicked in each one, that one i can easily switch between colors.

I think you can find that out on the manufacturers information...

You can reduce Golden High flow, Fluid and mediums using car paint thinners (waterborn) or createx ones whitout reducing shelf life of the product... and noting flow as good as GHF whit car waterborn paint thinners.

I did the airbrush rendezvous a few years back and they were commenting about having pre-reduced the illustration a day or so before and noting it held up well. The thought was that it does alter the shelf life, but they were not sure how long it would take for the paint to "go bad".

leaving paint in hot areas can also cause the paint and reduce to break down faster since its water based.

They way overblow the shelf life of reduced paints. I've had many suction bottles with reduced left overs that I've used literally months and months after they were last used. Some dried out simply because they sat for SOOOOO long and my sealing isn't 100% so by the time I decided to mess with them they were toast. This is with Wicked.
Now the one thing I haven't tested for long periods would be using 4020 as well as when using 4030. Putting the stuff in the fridge makes them last even longer if you wanted to do that.

Back