Rejuvenate Mold Max 30 Silicone with White Spirit

That makes total sense Mel. I dont blame ya one bit for holdin off on pics. Cant wait to see em with that perty little patent on em :) :)
Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Boltcase if you saw them now you'd fall over laughing. They look like Frankinstein side-cups He He Hee! So you wouldn't be impressed on what they look like. But put one on any of your Iwata side-feeds or any side-feed airbrush with an Iwata cup adapter and you'll notice the difference. It's the performance that is important and not how it looks. :D I'll try and make them look better later but for now I've only got Smooth Cast 300 which is White and don't look sexy lol:laugh: I'm not sure I can get any other Liquid Plastic that I can use that would be better than what I've got.

Yeah, I saw those but I'm not a fan of adapters. I think I'll keep looking for the 1cc Aztec cups.
Here you go Pal :) These are both UK shops, I bought my Aztec Cups from Croppersmodels and their delivery was good, I'm sure if you contact them they will sort out delivery to your neck of the woods: http://www.croppersmodels.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p21.html I also found this site that has them too: http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/2372_1_105030927.html I've never dealt with this supplier but it was the only other one I could find incase you needed more options :D They also sell a 2.5cc side-cup if you are feeling adventurous or want to pull a none stop weekend painting session :laugh:lol

I hate the adapters too which is what set me off on designing my own cups but I started by sanding down the existing cups as I explained before. Now I don't need to use the adapter for the ones I've modified, I can just push them on and pull them out no problems.

Just to update you on the Rejuvenated Mold Max 30. I've just used the White Spirit to rejuvenate my new tub of Silicone (Part A), I split it into to two and used the old Silicone tub to put the other half in, this just makes it easier to mix. I use the side of the tub with the back of my metal spoon to squash the lumps. It takes a while but I got there with one of the tubs and I'm ready to go for making the Mold for my next Cup design.

I'm going to take this design slow because now I've found that the First design works and is fairly strong there is less need to build in more strength. This is very nice because it will keep the cup light. I'm going to cast a few more models of the first design so I can throw them around and treat them mean to see how they hold up :D:malicious::evil:lol

I'm also about to try my 1st prototype with paint in my HP-SBS, I'll let you know how it goes :D

I just shot some paint in my Prototype Cup with my HP-SBS and it sprays Great!! :D I'm majorly chuffed. Sadly this White Liquid Plastic is not easy to clean but then I'd be surprised it was. It was not too bad though if you like off white lol:laugh:

All the elements that I wanted changed are working in this prototype. There can definitely be some improvements but the foundation is right and I'm on the right track. I also have a good supply of Rejuvenated Silicone ready so I can make loads of Molds. So happy days :D:laugh:

I am very surprised and very pleased that I've managed to save the Silicone. The mix with the White Spirit brought it right back even if it needed quite abit of elbow grease and it does smell nasty! But the Mold cured in the expected time and as far as I can see there are no problems with the Mold itself apart from the nasty smell. So it's a great solution to the problem. Just make sure you get White Spirit and not Turpentine, it needs to have Hydrocarbons in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get non-stick plastics? That would be great.
I have a feeling not for home/hobby/prototype Liquid Plastic. Yes it would be fantastic if there was a non stick version :) The reason being the makeup of the plastic to make it pourable and the fact that most stuff is Injection Molded which is very expensive. The best plastic is only for Injection Molding sadly.

@AndreZA Are either of those websites any good for you to get the Aztec 1cc cup?

sounds like your In the ball park and are about to hit the grand slam! keep at it and im sure you will get just what you want,:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

@AndreZA Are either of those websites any good for you to get the Aztec 1cc cup?

@Melbee, thanks for the links. It looks like they do not have the extra cup inside or at least a much smaller one. I can also get them cheaper here from the local supplier. I just never get around to ordering them. I think I will place the order now.

This is the one I's looking for.

tesr5311.jpg

Melbee if you want it non stick if you can get plastidip spray your mold before you pour your resin the plastidip will give the resin a non stick coating. Give the mold a few coats to build it up. I'm pretty sure plastidip is chemical resistant as well

There are many different grades of poly urethane but sadly none of them are non stick there are a lot that are chemical resistant though so the cup won't melt with uros

@Melbee, thanks for the links. It looks like they do not have the extra cup inside or at least a much smaller one. I can also get them cheaper here from the local supplier. I just never get around to ordering them. I think I will place the order now.

This is the one I's looking for.

tesr5311.jpg
I'd send them the photo and ask them if they have this one because it looks to me like they might have used the same photos for the different sized cups. I can see that the feed tube in your photo is at the top and in their photos its half way so I understand the difference and why you would want it.

Melbee if you want it non stick if you can get plastidip spray your mold before you pour your resin the plastidip will give the resin a non stick coating. Give the mold a few coats to build it up. I'm pretty sure plastidip is chemical resistant as well
That looks interesting Steve thanks for the tip :D:thumbsup: I'll check it out.

IMPORTANT!! I have discovered why using White Spirit is maybe not such a good idea and should be kept as a last resort solution. I went to the Mold Making shop to get more supplies and asked them about it and they said it causes the Molds to shrink more drastically. That explains the problems I was getting on my repeat castings because the Mold had shrunk more over the last few days and so my cast cups were smaller and not holding up very well!!

Sadly instead of mixing it in for each Mold casting as I went along, I mixed it into the whole batch so I can't use that Silicone for my present Molds unless I cast it and make a load of Plastic castings immediately after the Mold is cast and before it has had time to shrink. I can also use it for anything I want to make in the future where size doesn't matter and will tolerate some shrinkage in the Mold. Plus it STINKS!! :eek: I was wondering why the first plastic casting I made of the cup looked better than the most recent ones :confused::laugh:lol Oh well we live and learn eh? :D

I bought some Silicone Thinner while at the Suppliers which is actually a silicone oil, so no more White Spirit for me unless I run out lol:laugh:

Conclusion: White Spirit works to thin silicone but it will cause the silicone Mold to shrink quite quickly. Only use it as a last resort to create immediate castings which will be at the correct size or where the size of the casting is not specific and can tolerate Mold shrinkage over time. Mix it into the silicone for each Mold as you go along and not the whole batch. Preferably use proper Silicone Thinner. :D

Back