Renegade Krome regulator questions

jsch

Young Tutorling
Hi,

Hope some one can answer this.

The Badger Renegade Krome comes with two regulators. I am a little confused about the sizes.

The proteceted regulator is this RK-058 or RK-059?

And the unprotected regulator is this RK-042 or RK-046?

Cheers,

As far as I know these are R-059 and R-042.
But I have another question about unprotected regulator that comes with Krome.
I tried to use it yesterday, but when I put it on, there is bubbling in paint cup !? What is wrong ? I use 0.21 (ultra fine) needle and nozzle setup.

Hi,

Hope some one can answer this.

The Badger Renegade Krome comes with two regulators. I am a little confused about the sizes.

The proteceted regulator is this RK-058 or RK-059?

And the unprotected regulator is this RK-042 or RK-046?

Cheers,

Sorry, I can't see on the schematics but here is just to clarify which goes with which part number.

The protected regulator is this RK-058 (FINE) or RK-059 (ULTRA FINE)?

And the unprotected regulator is this RK-042 (ULTRA FINE) or RK-046 (FINE)?

Thanks for the accurate info AndreZA.

Pingi, you should email me directly to kenbadger@aol.com

it sound like you may have one of the incorrectly packaged kits.

Pingi says:

R-059 - ultra fine protected (Horns)
R-042 - fine unprotected

I'm still confused because when I read this www[DOT]badger-airbrush[DOT]co[DOT]uk/renegade-krome[DOT]php it says:

"The Badger Renegade Krome comes in a really nice padded case along with the 0.33mm needle/nozzle set up, the Krome is fitted with 0.21mm set up, If you intend to use this for your best work I urge you to fit the 0.21mm size and fit the 0.21mm fine spray regulator which has no protective horns. I have found that when coupled with the 0.21 needle/nozzle combination it truly brings out the best in the airbrush"

So which is it?

Ultra-Fine Spray Regulator w/ prongs item # RK-058
same w/o prongs item # RK-042

Fine Spray Regulator w/ prongs item # RK-059
same w/o prongs item # RK-046

(please note the RK-058 and RK-059 are incorrect as listed on the price list on our website - their descriptions are reversed - a new price list with corrections is being worked on at this time)

Krome Ultra-Fine (.2) needle/nozzle conversion kit (with pronged regulator) item # RK-060

Krome Fine (.3) needle/nozzle conversion kit (with pronged regulator) item # RK-061

(please note the RK-060 and RK-061 are not on the aforementioned price list as they are items introduced after its completion - they will be on the new price list)

Got this answer from Customer service

"[FONT=&quot]The Krome comes with the ultra fine needle and ultra fine regulator installed in the airbrush. The extra one (RK046) is fine to go with the fine needle and fine tip in the kit."

Thank you Badger.
[/FONT]

Ok, now I'm really confused. I just received my Krome and it had the .21 needle/nozzle with the horned regulator. The .3 setup came with the no prong regulator. Now I don't like using the pronged regulator, so I put the no prong regulator on the .21 setup and it worked, but not sure if its the optimal configuration. So how do I get a no prong, .21 regulator for my Krome? And do I really need it or can I continue to use the .3 no prong regulator on the .21 needle/ nozzle? I think I just confused myself even more.

I use the no prong reg. On mine and im pretty sure ive seen others that do too. I didnt consider the that it was specifically for the. 3 setup though. Now ya got me wondering. Seems to work good though.

Ok, now I'm really confused. I just received my Krome and it had the .21 needle/nozzle with the horned regulator. The .3 setup came with the no prong regulator. Now I don't like using the pronged regulator, so I put the no prong regulator on the .21 setup and it worked, but not sure if its the optimal configuration. So how do I get a no prong, .21 regulator for my Krome? And do I really need it or can I continue to use the .3 no prong regulator on the .21 needle/ nozzle? I think I just confused myself even more.

JT, email me your address again, along with the text of this post - and I'll make sure you're all straightened out.

As we posted some time ago in our website forum - there were Kromes in which the additional set up incorrectly included the UF spray regulator. So it will work with the needle/tip that came in the airbrush. However, if you try to use the extra (.3) set up it won't work because you don't have any .3 spray regulator. You actually have both (w/ and w/o prongs) of the .2 regulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
JT, email me your address again, along with the text of this post - and I'll make sure you're all straightened out.

As we posted some time ago in our website forum - there were Kromes in which the additional set up incorrectly included the UF spray regulator. So it will work with the needle/tip that came in the airbrush. However, if you try to use the extra (.3) set up it won't work because you don't have any .3 spray regulator. You actually have both (w/ and w/o prongs) of the .2 regulators.

Ken sorted everything out for me. Once again Ken and Badger Airbrush set the bar for customer service.

Are there any identifing markings between the fine and ultra fine spray regulator caps for the Krome or renegade series?

Back