renegade velocity

A

ad fez

well just spent an hour with it......and I hate it! it's like I have never picked up a brush, think I am over reducing paint as anything I pulled was very mucky...it can pull a very tight line and also hammer down background nicely but at the moment I can't do anything neatly.ill try again when I have some more time at the weekend.I wil persist I will get better....but at that moment I feel like I'm at the beginning again....dooooohhhhhh!

I'll buy it!!!!!! Lmao!! Just give it time, you will get it.....,,, and if not, I'll buy it!!!!

Josh

have you seen marissa oosterlee's new video on youtube, she has got a gold custom micron, apparently ashes gonna let cordyk have a play with it when he gos to monochrome course

Hang in there mate and chill, it's a new toy and you need to get the feel of it,especially the trigger, like when you drive a new car or motorcycle you have to get the feel of the clutch and biting points. You have had a right job of it with customs and just getting you hands on it...top that with your mrs heavily preggers you have probably been building this moment with your new toy up in you head.
Relax mate.....get your lube out and give it another good bash tomorrow ;)

haha, I took care of it properly buddy, as I said in other thread I paid for brush without case but he gave me one with case and spare nozzle! sweet!. took it to bites covered the spring assembly in ky (worked a treat by the way) sealed aol threads with ptfe tape and adjusted trigger tension a bit.I think biggest problem tonight was possibly over reduced paint, ill maybe have a go tomorrow straight out of the bottle and do some daggers etc

well just spent an hour with it......and I hate it! it's like I have never picked up a brush, think I am over reducing paint as anything I pulled was very mucky...it can pull a very tight line and also hammer down background nicely but at the moment I can't do anything neatly.ill try again when I have some more time at the weekend.I wil persist I will get better....but at that moment I feel like I'm at the beginning again....dooooohhhhhh!
The Velocity has become my absolute favorite airbrush and I do have many of them, including Iwatas and Olympos. Can you please explain what you mean by mucky as I'm not really sure what you mean by that. A couple of modifications I made to my Velocity made all the difference in the world. First I cut 2 loops off the needle spring. Then I cut 1 loop off the air valve spring. Then I make sure every moving part is well lubed with Badger Regdabe needle juice. I also polished the needle with jeweler's rouge. Cutting the springs made the Velocity super responsive and the needle polishing minimized tip dry. Also, I don't use the regulator with the 2 horns. For some reason I can't get good performance using that regulator so I only use the fully open regulator. IMO, the Velocity is a fantastic airbrush and I can literally pull lines the thickness of a hair with it. Play with your paint viscosity and air pressure a bit also until you find the sweet spot. I usually reduce my paint to milk (not skim milk) viscosity and work at 30psi. Keep in mind every airbrush takes some getting used to.

thanks dude thats great, I am only a newbie so yer a pro brush like that wil take a bit of getting used to, when I say mucky I mean puling back only a little seems to spray a lot of paint, but yet pulling back only slightly Ican pull thin lines.I'm sure it's awesome but will take some getting used to, as I say have only played with it for an hour our so.only got one of them cheap compressors, constant jet kind, working pressure of around 25-30 psi so can't change that till I get new compressor.think my paint was a bit thin.wil try again tommorow and see how we get on

sealed all threads with ptfe, moisture trap at gun, cut 1.5 turns of the trigger spring clean off, filed that down. covered everything in ky jelly, adjusted trigger tension a tad as it is a bit of work straight out of the box and this brush is sweet now! smashing paint on from a distance it has great coverage, close up i can virtually touch the brush on the page and pull lines tighter than a gnats wotsit. if you are stateside and was wondering about getting one, you can pick it up for about 80 dollars...... get 1 you wont regret it

I own one and it is an excellent AB for detail. I also have a micron and an infinity the fine tip ab's are very finicky about your paint mixture what kind of paint are putting through it?

I own one and it is an excellent AB for detail. I also have a micron and an infinity the fine tip ab's are very finicky about your paint mixture what kind of paint are putting through it?
hey mate, I'm using wicked detail reduced with wicked reducer and this cool modifier made by etac.makes your paint lovely!

Back