replace my nozzle, and now, no paint...

P

Phillip Kim

I've broken the nozzle on my Iwata HP-CP not too long ago, so I've decided to replace it.

I stopped by an official Iwata importer to buy one(an expansive little bugger!).

When I try to do some airbrushing with my brand new nozzle, no paint comes out!! but the paint in the cup is bubble-ing(sp?) like when the airbrush tip is blocked.

My theory is that the store clerk gave me a wrong nozzle. HP-CP has 0.3 nozzle but he gave me the 0.2 nozzle.

what do you think??

I've broken the nozzle on my Iwata HP-CP not too long ago, so I've decided to replace it.

I stopped by an official Iwata importer to buy one(an expansive little bugger!).

When I try to do some airbrushing with my brand new nozzle, no paint comes out!! but the paint in the cup is bubble-ing(sp?) like when the airbrush tip is blocked.

My theory is that the store clerk gave me a wrong nozzle. HP-CP has 0.3 nozzle but he gave me the 0.2 nozzle.

what do you think??

All you need to do is check that the nozzle cap is clean on the inside and that the space bewteen nozzle and cap are free of obstruction, good chance you've pushed a small amount paint in there, also check that the little sealing ring around the top of the threads of the nozzle is also on the new one, and the most obvious one, be sure that your needle is properly seated and is travelling back and forth with your trigger, it could be loose.

Thoroughly clean everything before you proceed, check for contaminated paint.

Did you by chance change the air cap too? Too small an air cap will do this as well.

All you need to do is check that the nozzle cap is clean on the inside and that the space bewteen nozzle and cap are free of obstruction, good chance you've pushed a small amount paint in there, also check that the little sealing ring around the top of the threads of the nozzle is also on the new one, and the most obvious one, be sure that your needle is properly seated and is travelling back and forth with your trigger, it could be loose.

Thoroughly clean everything before you proceed, check for contaminated paint.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Nozzle itself is brand spanking new. So I know that it dosen't have any crud on it. the needle moves back and forth alright. But I'll check the others.

When replacing a nozzle on any airbrush, the needle, nozzle, and air cap all need to be for the same set up.. example.... if you have a .3 set up originally then replace the nozzle with a .2 nozzle it will not function properly but would still spray to some extent. Bubbles in the cup is 99.9% a blockage of some sort, trust me it only takes a speck that most cant see with the naked eye. Make sure you clean it thoroughly and match up your parts so that all are for the same set up and you will be fine.

It may be the nozzle was faulty? Damaged or cracked? Look under a magnifying glass. Also make sure all the threads are sealed, maybe some vaseline might help. If not then even a new nozzle can get blocked immediately if there's some goop in the paint for some reason. Hope you can get it fixed :)

Bubbles in the paint cup usually indicate an air leak somewhere in the head assembly. I'm wondering if they gave you the wrong nozzle. Do you still have the packaging the nozzle came in, and does it by chance have a part number on it? The threads on the HP-C Plus tip are slightly larger in diameter than those on the earlier HP-C. If they sold you the tip for an HP-C, it would probably screw in and appear to "seat" correctly, but might not make a good seal with the airbrush body. This could be the source of your leak.

BTW, the -C Plus tip won't really screw into an earlier "C" body, being larger. Not correctly, anyhow. Ask me how I know!

Bubbles in the paint cup usually indicate an air leak somewhere in the head assembly. I'm wondering if they gave you the wrong nozzle. Do you still have the packaging the nozzle came in, and does it by chance have a part number on it? The threads on the HP-C Plus tip are slightly larger in diameter than those on the earlier HP-C. If they sold you the tip for an HP-C, it would probably screw in and appear to "seat" correctly, but might not make a good seal with the airbrush body. This could be the source of your leak.

BTW, the -C Plus tip won't really screw into an earlier "C" body, being larger. Not correctly, anyhow. Ask me how I know!

He was given a 0.2 nozzle when he should have had a 0.3, so I would expect a great chance that air is being forced back into the the head because of the increased size of the space between the nozzle ans nozzle cap.

That's his operating theory, but there are other possibilities.

I wasn't arguing with you, but he states that the clerk gave him a 0.2 nozzle and he thinks that that may be wrong which it is:)

But there are indeed other possibilities:thumbsup:

But there are indeed other possibilities:thumbsup:

Yup the tooth fairy did it....Could be all of the above but if its the wrong head the venturi effect may be stuffed and forcing air back the wrong way as suggested and prob most likely in a case of a brand new head and that could indeed do the same as a major leak or blockage, leak is easy to check for, put your airbrush in soapy water without paint in it and see where bubbles get made and chapstick your threads carefully if leaking, blockage and cracks are easy to test for, look at it with a loom or try a light tip ream and remedy any issues if ou see any, correct part is easy enough to check for, look at parts list as mentioned, whatever it is though, 5 minutes worth of checks should have your answer and what you need to do to remedy it.Best of luck..

Back