For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

replacement seals for the CM SB

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

when I bought the CM SB V2 it came with a teflon needle seal instead of the rubber needle seal that is/was fitted in the V1 and the first thing I did was replacing the teflon seal with a rubber seal but I dont think the rubber seal was a original iwata seal and it had to be in real tight to actually seal and over the last few months this rubber seal started to give me trouble and the needle didnt came all the way back in the nozzle if I didnt put more pressure on the needle spring and I hate stiff springs in my airbrushes
    I read some were that Andre replaced his seal with a seal from the H&S plus so I asked him to make sure I would bey the right seals and I ordered a complete seal set for the infinity plus for 10 euro
    today I tested the teflon needle seal from this set and it works perfect but there is also a little rubber seal in that set and I could not resist testing if that rubber seal would fit and work in my micron
    it took me some fiddling with that seal as it isnt a snug easy fit but I managed to get it in and the big question was would it allow the needle to pass with as little as possible resistance and would it seal the needle so no paint would flow back trough it
    And yes it does just that it took some testing to get the needle spring preset to just the right tension I want ( real soft ) but just right to allow the needle to go all the way back into the nozzle .
    all in all I have now 3 teflon needle seals that are way softer than the original iwata teflon seal and 1 rubber seal that I will be using
    AndreZA, jord001, DaveG and 2 others like this.
  2. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I have been playing with my airbrush and the H&S rubber seal a bit more and tweaked the tension on that seal a bit more and lubed the needle with a little k33 balm and it is perfect now the needle spring adjuster is turned back about 90 to 95% and the needle is going right back when I release the trigger , before I bought the H&S seal set I checked the Dutch airbrush shops online to see if the original V1 seal was still on the parts list but all I could find was a not original seal or a complete V2 set incl the seal housing for about 29 euro's and that set has the terrible iwata teflon seal in it so that is a no good to me and the not original seal alone was about 8 euro's so that 10 euro multi seal set is a good buy :)
    RichardH likes this.
  3. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!