requlator and water trap suitable for oil lubricated compressor ?

beanpoleuk

Air-Valve Autobot!
I am about to dump my 'starter kit' compressor and upgrade to an oil lubricated 24ltr 3hp 8cfm compressor . Will my existing regulator / air trap also be suitable for this type of compressor or do I need a additional oil trap ?

I am about to dump my 'starter kit' compressor and upgrade to an oil lubricated 24ltr 3hp 8cfm compressor . Will my existing regulator / air trap also be suitable for this type of compressor or do I need a additional oil trap ?

The only thing that you need to be careful of is the limit of your regulator, most of these on small kit compressors are only capable of 4 bar maximum, whereas the compressor your talking about will be anywhere between 8 and 12 bar, overloading a 4 bar regulator won't damage your compressor but you could end up with broken glass in your face.

As far as I know you can get a suitable regulator for under £15, your present regulator should have the maximum bars written on it, check it to be on the safe side, I for one would like to see another cat if you don't mind, lol

Madbrush, yep compressor is rated at 120 psi so will get another regulator to be safe , just wanted to make sure I got the correct type.

Just finishing off a practice paint pal at the moment , because my wife told me I might want to hold off on the cat as she is buying me a Krome for my birthday in two weeks !!!!!!

We go on leave to Portugal end of next week for a two week holiday, the Krome will be waiting for me on our return :) :) :) :)

Feels like Christmas, a new compressor and a Krome.

Back