Respray outside - overspray?

Ttxela

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Having completed my motorhome bonnet I want to move on to the rest of the cab area. The bonnet had the advantage of being removable so I could work on it in the garage but the remainder (with the possible exception of the doors) will have to be done outside.

I'm a bit worried about overspray getting on neighbours vehicles, I've heard stories of overspray travelling 100' or so outside! I only have a garage in a block and the concrete apron is quite crowded at times. I can pick moments when other vehicles are parked further away etc. and perhaps try and put up some sort of a screen.

I'm wondering though if one of those mini spray guns that are between a full size HVLP and an airbrush would be better in this respect? I'll be doing small areas at a time so don't really need to hose it on....

Any thoughts?

Lots of great ideas out there for temporary booths and I guess I will end up with something like that. My issue is space though, the space I have in front of the garage is literally just the space the camper sits on, I could pull it in front of my house but space is also limited there.

I'm thinking any temporary booth I can make will likely be very cramped so i was wondering if a smaller gun would limit the overspray much?

Mini spray gun it's for doing small jobs like a single panel or small part. Try to hire a pro booth if it's possible in your area.. It's better save than sorry... Good luck my friend !!!!!

Mini spray gun it's for doing small jobs like a single panel or small part. Try to hire a pro booth if it's possible in your area.. It's better save than sorry... Good luck my friend !!!!!

I had a look to see if hiring a spray booth would be a possibility. I found two places but both a considerable distance from home and £250/day cost 9am-5pm then £40/hr after! Neither however would be big enough to take my coachbuilt motorhome.

Although the vehicle itself is pretty big the area to be painted is just the cab and having done the bonnet I reckon it's 30% done already! I may well end up doing it panel by panel and building a small enclosure for just the cab.

I had a look to see if hiring a spray booth would be a possibility. I found two places but both a considerable distance from home and £250/day cost 9am-5pm then £40/hr after! Neither however would be big enough to take my coachbuilt motorhome.

Although the vehicle itself is pretty big the area to be painted is just the cab and having done the bonnet I reckon it's 30% done already! I may well end up doing it panel by panel and building a small enclosure for just the cab.
you got a friend with a land where you could build DIY booth? You could make a picnic, your friend is preparing food while you are spraying, and then you all have fun with food and drinks.

Sounds like a nice day right there!

It certainly does, I do have a friend with access to a large workshop but he is building a replica WW1 tank in there and whilst he's happy for me to use it it's quite a way away and usually pretty dusty and dirty.

I've pretty much developed an idea in my mind for a temporary shroud built off the overcab around the cab area. I think this will work!

It may have to wait a bit though as the priority now is to get the shower cubicle restored and working so we can be fully self contained ready for the re-opening of campsites with limited facilities.

Back