Restoring a Paasche H to give away

tatocorvette

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello,

You may remember a while ago I posted about a Paasche H that I cleaned and refurbished. I also posted it in scale modeling forums. A long time friend from one of the forums was very enthusiastic about it as that model was his first airbrush back in the 70's. He mentioned he would love to get another one. His original one is long gone and he now uses a Grex Genesis. He is been fighting some health issues recently and he is a cool guy. So I want to get him one.
Well, it just so happened, that in the lot where the Patriot came in, there were some dirty parts of a Paasche H. It was incorrectly matched needle/nozzle so probably wasn't working properly and was just discarded. The trigger button is missing.
2v2e6TvcgxJ21ND.jpg

I disassembled it, gathered the correct parts for a proper setup and started cleaning. The needle was a little bent and was fixed. I searched for the button online with no luck.
So, make you own!
I machined an aluminum button. Again, I'm no machinist so it is not as smooth as the original part, but it works.
2v2e6DAqdxJ21ND.jpg

I don't have the precision tap and die set for this so I made it to press fit. A dab of glue may help until the proper button is found.
2v2e6DA5rxJ21ND.jpg

Also included was an appropriate jar for it.
2v2e6ToAhxJ21ND.jpg

Funny, you will see it before he does, but here is my friend's new airbrush: Paasche H - #3 setup. Paasche has #1, #3 and #5 for the H. The #1 is the smallest, #5 is the mother of all firehoses.
2v2e6ToHnxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6ToZhxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6TobLxJ21ND.jpg

same jar
2v2e6To6LxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6ToRnxJ21ND.jpg

No video, but it was properly tested and works perfectly fine.

If I have learned something is: The more you give, the more you receive.

I hope you like it and approve. As usual, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ismael

Another amazing restoration, home brew parts !!
The thought and purpose behind it is impressive too.
Nice work, I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

- Joe

UPDATE:

So I mailed the airbrush to my friend in New York back on June 16th. It was sent Priority Mail with expected delivery of June 21st. As of today, June 30th, the package seems to be lost. Tracking information only shows it left the post office on the 16. No further data.
So I just filed a claim to try to find the package, before filing an insurance claim.
In short, IT SUCKS!
It is the first time I ever have a problem with a package I sent. Hopefully it can be found and delivered. I'll keep you posted.
Bummer!

Thanks,
Ismael

Really hope the brush arrives at its destination Ismael, perhaps its just on a sight seeing tour and running a bit late 🤞:)

Hello,
Over a month has gone by. The package is officially lost. Filing an insurance claim to see if I can get anything back.
My home made button was priceless. But a million dollars may ease the pain. Thank you!

Thanks,
Ismael

Last edited:
Hello,

You may remember a while ago I posted about a Paasche H that I cleaned and refurbished. I also posted it in scale modeling forums. A long time friend from one of the forums was very enthusiastic about it as that model was his first airbrush back in the 70's. He mentioned he would love to get another one. His original one is long gone and he now uses a Grex Genesis. He is been fighting some health issues recently and he is a cool guy. So I want to get him one.
Well, it just so happened, that in the lot where the Patriot came in, there were some dirty parts of a Paasche H. It was incorrectly matched needle/nozzle so probably wasn't working properly and was just discarded. The trigger button is missing.
2v2e6TvcgxJ21ND.jpg

I disassembled it, gathered the correct parts for a proper setup and started cleaning. The needle was a little bent and was fixed. I searched for the button online with no luck.
So, make you own!
I machined an aluminum button. Again, I'm no machinist so it is not as smooth as the original part, but it works.
2v2e6DAqdxJ21ND.jpg

I don't have the precision tap and die set for this so I made it to press fit. A dab of glue may help until the proper button is found.
2v2e6DA5rxJ21ND.jpg

Also included was an appropriate jar for it.
2v2e6ToAhxJ21ND.jpg

Funny, you will see it before he does, but here is my friend's new airbrush: Paasche H - #3 setup. Paasche has #1, #3 and #5 for the H. The #1 is the smallest, #5 is the mother of all firehoses.
2v2e6ToHnxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6ToZhxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6TobLxJ21ND.jpg

same jar
2v2e6To6LxJ21ND.jpg

2v2e6ToRnxJ21ND.jpg

No video, but it was properly tested and works perfectly fine.

If I have learned something is: The more you give, the more you receive.

I hope you like it and approve. As usual, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ismael
Absolutely amazing Ismael¡ Do you use any kind of metal-cleaner? 🙌

Thanks,

My go to metal polish is Brasso, but depending on the case I have also used Blue Magic, wire brushes, a wire wheel on the Dremel, nylon brushes, polishing pads, lacquer thinner, my daughter's non-acetone nail polish remover (without her consent), my shirt... wife's tablecloth... :) etc.

Thanks,
Ismael

What all did you send him? I have an H I can send him and a metal color cup. What needle/nozzle/air cap?

Thanks,

My go to metal polish is Brasso, but depending on the case I have also used Blue Magic, wire brushes, a wire wheel on the Dremel, nylon brushes, polishing pads, lacquer thinner, my daughter's non-acetone nail polish remover (without her consent), my shirt... wife's tablecloth... :) etc.

Thanks,
Ismael
lol I see you have a lot of options. I use sometimes a polishing cleaner from Titan, and it works fine to me, I keep in mind Grasso from now as you said and of course all the stuff from daughters and wife without consent. Thanks for the information Ismael¡

*UPDATE*
The post office reimbursed me for the lost package. So it is officially lost in another dimension, probably the same where the tiny screws and little photoetch parts fly off my workbench.

Thanks,
Ismael

*UPDATE*
The post office reimbursed me for the lost package. So it is officially lost in another dimension, probably the same where the tiny screws and little photoetch parts fly off my workbench.

Thanks,
Ismael
Dang man that sucks that it got lost. I’ve been in that boat many times w/ USPS and I hope your friend can eventually get an H. At least you had the insurance and I know all too well about the mysterious vortex/ black holes under workbenches.

I was not expecting that to be the outcome, I am sorry to see it was lost.

If you wish to remove the turning marks which you had on your button, whilst in the lathe apply a fine grade paper to it. Use a safe method that you are comfortable with.

Its a real shame it was lost. Are you looking to do another?

Back