Retarded question...

It's the new version of the micron and a photo of the left side. On mine (the old one) the left side is blank. All photo's I can find are from the right side which have the japan on it. Looks like for the new version they also put text on the left side but left the japan out.

Found a vid of that pistol showing both sides, right side in the v2 has text but without the Japan:

Last edited:
ooooh, thanks. :) I wasn't sure if there were two versions of that model out there that i wasn't aware of. I didn't want to buy one and then find out there was an upgraded one...like every time i buy an iphone. ha

All of them should have "Iwata Series Model Japan 2 letter manufacturing date code" on the left. It is only recently (last 2 years or so) that the "Anest Iwata" was added to the right hand side as well.

The V.2 is the updated Micron. They have been the same for over 20 years. Untill I can play with one and I can experience a vast improvement, I don't think it is worth the extra money.

I agree it is expensive, but it's the only one with a Mac valve, and i really have grown accustomed to that.

Back