Rich AB-100 Parts

Porkrind

Double Actioner
I have a good friend who is going to give me a RichPen AB-100 but I’m going to need parts. Any suggestions?

If need be, you can replace the nozzle, needle, and nozzle cap with parts from an Iwata HP-A (or HP-B) - but not the "Plus" models. The threads on the Plus model nozzles are different. I have not looked in to a US supplier for the Richpen parts. I have a few of the 100's.

I knew I had seen them someplace - I am pretty sure the 112 parts are the same: http://www.airbrush.com/Richpen/departments/1115/

Last edited:
Thanks again DaveG, I’ve seen your thread regarding them and the components you machined for them. That is just amazing by the way!

I’m having problems finding the needle cap for the HP-A. Do you know if the needle cap for the HP-AH will work?

I seen these as well but it says they fit the “plus” model that DaveG was referring to above so I was steering clear of them.

There's no difference in needle and air caps between Plus and non plus models. You can freely buy them.

Right, the needle caps between the two are the same - the one part that is for sure not mixable is the nozzle - they are threaded differently, and not interchangeable between the HP and the HP+ series.

There's no difference in needle and air caps between Plus and non plus models. You can freely buy them.
Thank you guys tremendously. I picked up the needle cap today and will give it a try when I get home from work. Also, my son and I will start building our first full model together tonight so we are both super excited. In one week I have accumulated three airbrushes and hopefully all the hardware/accessories I’ll need moving forward. I purchased a Genesis XB, Richpen 100AB in amazing condition except the needle cap (steal of a price), and an old Sears model that looks almost identical to a Badger 150 that was given to me (no high hopes for this one even though it looks to be in near perfect shape).

Thank you guys tremendously. I picked up the needle cap today and will give it a try when I get home from work. Also, my son and I will start building our first full model together tonight so we are both super excited. In one week I have accumulated three airbrushes and hopefully all the hardware/accessories I’ll need moving forward. I purchased a Genesis XB, Richpen 100AB in amazing condition except the needle cap (steal of a price), and an old Sears model that looks almost identical to a Badger 150 that was given to me (no high hopes for this one even though it looks to be in near perfect shape).

Have fun with all the stuff!:)

Back