Detail Decepticon!
Ok first test
Master SB86
Com Art Opaque Black-no reduction
Psi 20 psi
Left row- 3 inches from substrate
Middle- 1.5 inches away or close
Right- right on the substrate.
And damn forgot to take the picture. That will be in next post.

Zoom in and look at the lines. Especially one the top test. Paint starts and stops
We can not zoom in when photos are uploaded by a phone...
Skipping is cause you 2 things One tip dry to to low of pressure for paint reduction.
At least that is what I have been taught.

0.2 set up can be finnicky, they are sensitive to pigment size and quality as well but as Mr Micron said, start with tip dry or low pressure...

I didnt find it i made it. The needle is from a iwata hp-b
but the nozzle is still from the neo
Which still makes it either a .35 or a .5 LOL Just changing the needle to a smaller size does not make it smaller but more of the needle will stick out.

The neo looks better, cant zoom in on the photos very well, try thinning the paint 2-1 then 1-1
and try again.

Nope nozzle is from a master
So it is no longer a neo but a Frankenstein LOL So we will call it frank 1.0 but now you can have machine spacing gaps that could aid in the skipping.
Mainly if you want a .2 airbrush you buy one .. A lot of folks use to use what is know as a poor mans micron but when you figure the cost of buying the parts and shipping from the 3 different airbrushes it was almost as cheap to just buy the real deal .

@DaveG is that combo going to yield a good result?

I had problems when a supplier sent a HP-B nozzle instead of HP-B+
There’s no way I’d be swapping brands with something so critical to a good spray. That what we have Dave for lol

Oh Rick please do not take this wrong I am all for trying different things . I just want others new to the world of airbrushing to know it is best to first know how to airbrush proper so when you make changes like this you know what should and should not be happening .

When you take a .35 airbrush and pull the same line time after time then make a frankenstein and it does something like skipping it is easier to figure out the problem and trouble shoot.
I have ran a .15 H&S needle in my .18 micron while waiting for a new needle . Only cause the original fall off the table and could not be saved

Back