Ricks Test

I cant pull a fine line with this brush with the .35 setup in it. It is very irratic with that setup in it.

Well thats costs money. Medical bills here are killing me. I can afford to get a needle here and there and some paint, but a eclipse. Thats not in the budget right now. The wife comes first.

ok, I'm here - was eating pizza, sorry! The NEO does seem to be working, but it also looks like it is spraying much more paint than Master. So, I do not want to try to compare them -

Lets go back to your test paper with the master. That is straight com-art in the cup, at @20psi? Mac valve all they way open? Did you happen to count how many drops of paint in the cup?

ok, first I will ask did you shake the bottle, but we will worry about that later - could be the surface you are spraying on to - real porous will suck the color right up.

It looks to me that you can now try either turning the pressure down a little, or closing your mac vale a little at a time to allow you to get closer to the surface. If you start getting skipping again you may have gone too far, if it is not just paint dried on the tip

I shook the bottle really well. Im going to have to clean the brush before i continue. Wanting to give me paint just calling for air.

loosen the needle chucking nut, and twist your needle a little while pressing the trigger down - you should be able to see it stop spraying. Tighten the nut back up

I think i have a cracked nozzle..ive cleaned this thing last night and today and it still wants to give paint while calling for just air.

I think i have a cracked nozzle..ive cleaned this thing last night and today and it still wants to give paint while calling for just air.
I've got a baggie full of heads, I will send one out tomorrow after test spraying it...

Sounds good or i can ship the brush to you because something isnt right here.
Thank you for helping me.

Sounds good or i can ship the brush to you because something isnt right here.
Thank you for helping me.
why don't we do that - send me the brush and I will check it out. That way we can eliminate that from the equation. I have heads from the ones I have taken off, so if I need to replace anything I have it all right here... will only take an hour or so... That way when you restart, you will know the brush is ready, and we can eliminate that as a question mark, so that we can just carry on with things. I'll pm my address.

Last edited:
It seems that you are trying to take a kitchen broom and use it as a fine arts brush. You are blaming your ability to be an artist when it is really the equipment. Listen to Mr. Micron, use an airbrush that has all the parts made by the same manufacturer , designed to work together. Use a frankenstien AB and you create frankenstien paintings. We can tell you to use different paints, use different air pressure, different reductions, etc. if you are spraying it thru faulty equipment nothing will make it better.

I am just trying to make what i have work. Again im not on a budget for a iwata right now. My wifes health comes first.

Rick, I mentioned that I am a caregiver for my wife, well, she has MS; has for more than 25 years now. While we were very fortunate for many of those years to be mostly stable, the last several have not been as kind. I get where you are - and promise, if airbrushing is something you want to do on your time - we are going to get you there :).

Back