Ricks Test

Thats really not bad news as i knew this already. The irratic behavior is what i want to go away and so far it seems to have. Off to the post office now. Have a package that needs to be sent.

Rick, I am going to throw this out there, just so it is out there ;) Once you have a base reduction ratio worked out, it is possible that it can change a little from day to day, more particularly with seasons. Even though you are in climate control there are still variations in humidity, pressure, etc... You will get to recognize exactly what is going on with experience. Some days you will add another drop or two to reduce, some days you may take one away. Each time you use the brush you are learning to read the results you are getting the same way you would read words on a page :). It just takes time to build up a good vocabulary :confused:.

For tip dry - I tend to keep a q-tip wet with cleaning solution on my desk, sometimes even hold it in my left hand while working. I work with the needle cap off, so the needle is exposed. Every so often I will stick the needle into the cotton off center on the q-tip, and twirl the q-tip around the needle to clean it, and then continue painting. You will get to recognize the sound of paint starting to build on the needle tip, so it just becomes second nature after a while to clean the tip...

Yep i do that too. Last night i painted with the needle cap on but i also like to paint with the cap off. Right now im just going for base reduction and will add or take away reduction as needed.

@SiRoxx
It really works. The key i think is to start at 35 psi like he said and if your mixture isnt right clean the brush out and dont just add another drop of water to the mixture because you wont know the ratio because you have already used part of your former mixture. And like he said 999 more colors to go.. Oh and i write my mixture down when i get on that myself and my brush likes. That and i dont forget like i always do..hmmm did i put one drop or 2 in that cup...lol
Writing it down is a good plan, I suck at actually thinking of stuff like that haha. Wow Dude, even your posts have a more up beat feel about them. Sound like you've made a real break through and that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep i do that too. Last night i painted with the needle cap on but i also like to paint with the cap off. Right now im just going for base reduction and will add or take away reduction as needed.

Yes it is fun when you have everything as right as you can get it for the day . Today's test look great ,
I know how frustrating it can be when things do not go right. So I am glad they are looking better and the reduction is working for you.

Back