Rubber tip protector for Micron?

Nessus

Needle-chuck Ninja
The clear rubber tip protector for my CM-SB has gone walkabout. It doesn't appear anyone sells the OEM part, and it isn't even listed on the parts sheet. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement? Thanks!

I know I did put that rubber/plastic tip straight in the bin when I bought my CM as it is not a part off the airbrush but just a transport protection .
Having said that I know some needles come in a plastic tube with more or less the same tips to seal the tube and those tips fit the CM

Just get some 6mm or 8mm ID clear hose and cut it to length That's what's on my CM-SB. Cheap alternative to getting it from the manufacturer if it's available.

Last edited:
Www.airbrushes.com sell them. They can be found in the spare parts section of the website. They’re not cheap for what they are, but if you want one they are at least available.
e21ce5d4775eb4f29b120a3933239ed9.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice find Si, Bit expensive though for an inch of clear hose. You could get a couple of metres of hose for that much lol I know what I would be doing.

Thanks for the replies. The tube idea seems the most viable.

I don't get wanting to throw it away, even if it really is just for protection in transit. "Transit" doesn't just mean sale, it also means moving home or studio, or even just taking the brush with you while traveling for a job or a meetup. And given how expensive the brush and it's parts are, I'm not going to turn my nose up at the extra protection, especially if Iwata saw it as necessary enough to justify.

I've also found it a handy helper when flushing the brush, as I've found it's a bit harder to cover the Micron air nozzle just by pinching it with fingers like with my other brushes. Using the rubber cap for that makes it way easier and less messy.

Back