?'s about brush cleaning

• Thread starter xxshortchickyxx
  • Start date
X

xxshortchickyxx

Hi I'm pretty new to airbrushing and very new to this site. So to start I've watched countless how to videos but I've noticed that no one has ever gone in depth on how to clean your airbrush wether it be between colors or after you've finished for that session/day/ what have you. Any help into this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome short chick from Belfast. I use water based paints and just use plenty of water to clean my brush, i just run the water thro it them back flush and wipe out the cup. I also take out the needle and give it a wipe.
Every now and then if it needs it ill break the brush down and give it a good cleaning. Thats just me, every one does it differently, ive never used urethane paints so i can't answer that bit.

I use createx paints for airbrushing on tshirts. I have 2 airbrush guns but I recently took one apart to clean it out and being I don't have a name of it or instructions I don't know how to put it back together.

Well this is where a proper introduction would have come in handy .
While most airbrushes are about the same some are different. So knowing what airbrush you are using and what kind of paints you are using is very helpful.
Color change is just that put reducer in the cup use a soft haired paint brush or q-tip to make sure you get all the color worked free and dump the cup the repeat but this time spray it out.
If water based paint for a good deep clean of the Nozzle I suggest 5619 Restorer made by Createx , A bottle will last a super long time due to you can reuse it . Just filter it back in the bottle after you soak the Nozzle (only the nozzle needs a good soak )
On urethane I just run reducer through the brush and I am done.

Hi I'm pretty new to airbrushing and very new to this site. So to start I've watched countless how to videos but I've noticed that no one has ever gone in depth on how to clean your airbrush wether it be between colors or after you've finished for that session/day/ what have you. Any help into this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
HI there, welcome... there are some good videos on you tube about cleaning airbrushes, I think the Airbrush tutor has some as well.

If you could say Hi properly, pop along here and introduce your self... maybe some of your work, the brushes youuse... that sort of thing! http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

You can also check out this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can you post a picture of the airbrush even apart someone on the forum will be able to help you get it back together I'm sure,And welcome to the forum
hope you injoy yourself

I use water based airbrush paint and always use water for cleaning my airbrush. sometimes i use createx airbrush cleaner for cleaning my airbrush device that i got from this arts supply store. It's work great.

cr5618AirbrushCleaner.2.jpg

I use water based airbrush paint and always use water for cleaning my airbrush. sometimes i use createx airbrush cleaner for cleaning my airbrush device that i got from this arts supply store. It's work great.

cr5618AirbrushCleaner.2.jpg
This is designed for color change and nightly clean versus a deep clean as the 5619 Restorer does for water based paints.

Back