S.O.S. Mayday... help

W

WisconsinGreenhorn

This Iwata NEO only sprays when I use my thumb to put pressure on the cup...
Why is that?
What can I do to correct this.

Good karma to anyone who can help.

Does water in the cup bubble when you don't put your thumb on it?

Jim

Sometimes yes and no.

It builds pressure and if I keep my thumb on the cup and sprays. When i try to use the can no spray at all. When I back flush uncovered paint bubbles in the cup or splatters everywhere.
Does water in the cup bubble when you don't put your thumb on it?

Jim

I'm having some trouble following what you mean.

Clean the brush of all paint, put only water in the cup, do not put the cap on or your thumb over the cup, do not backflush, does the brush spray? does it spray intermittently? does it not spray at all? do you get bubbles in the cup?

Jim

I'm having some trouble following what you mean.

Clean the brush of all paint, put only water in the cup, do not put the cap on or your thumb over the cup, do not backflush, does the brush spray? does it spray intermittently? does it not spray at all? do you get bubbles in the cup?

Jim
Water sprays fine after cleaning

Ok if water sprays fine then reduced paint should spray, if it doesn't then you have some dried paint somewhere between the cup and nozzle.

Jim

your air hole in nozzle cap is probably stuck ... thats happen to me

Remove your nozzle cap ... you have 2 verry little holes ... clean that with a small tailor needle

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

your air hole in nozzle cap is probably stuck ... thats happen to me

Remove your nozzle cap ... you have 2 verry little holes ... clean that with a small tailor needle

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!
I did and it still bubbles in the cup. When I put the lid on it shot a stream up onto the ceiling. This is such a huge hassle and I am at my wits end. I am really starting to regret spending 100's of dollars on a hobby that is so much of a hassle.
I wound up using a brush to paint on the truck. Really. How stupid is it to buy all this equipment and then wind up using a 99 cent brush.
I clean the brush. I keep thinning the paint to where it runs off the stencil ruining the image. I adjust pressure. Hell I bought another neo and its does the same crap as the old one.
Anybody run into this hassle?
At this point I will just sell everything on craigslist and forget I ever wanted to learn to airbrush, perhaps I could find a nice easy relaxing hobby like juggling knives.

Bubbles in the cup is almost always a leak at the nozzle. The nozzle not being seated all the way or a cracked nozzle are most likely.

I'd guess that the O ring at the nozzle base is not getting a good seal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401050723.094909.jpg

Common problem with iwata. It's usually an o ring problem. The neo are cheap version an ways and aren't as reliable as their flagship line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tell us what paint you're using buddy, if it's happened to two airbrushes then the problem could be your brand of paint.
Also the neos normally work, but this is by no means a high end airbrush, I always encourage people to buy decent equipment or don't buy at all.

It's not that expensive a hobby compared to go-karts, paintball, Xbox consoles, especially considering you can make money from it.

Let us help you..

Tell us what paint you're using buddy, if it's happened to two airbrushes then the problem could be your brand of paint.
Also the neos normally work, but this is by no means a high end airbrush, I always encourage people to buy decent equipment or don't buy at all.

It's not that expensive a hobby compared to go-karts, paintball, Xbox consoles, especially considering you can make money from it.

Let us help you..

you mean you can MAKE MONEY DOING THIS????? ROTFL

Time to dig deeper into this mystery, before you check the o ring see if your nozzle sticks out a bit from the nozzle cap. Have you removed the nozzle before now for maintenance?

We will figure it out eventually

Jim

Tell my WIFE it's not an expensive hobby : ) Actually it is not THAT expensive.. but it does take a bit to get a base of paint etc.

And to the OP. You said it shot paint to the ceiling? Are you SURE you have the pressure reduced. I am with Mitch that I cannot see two brushes having the same problems.
This is a FABULOUS hobby... it does have its frustrations starting out. A Brush will not do anything close to what an airbrush will do.

Don't blame the hobby for your airbrush acquisition syndrome, we all know that if your hobby would of been go-karts you would have 4 or 5 in your garage LOL :)

Yeah, pretty much. Hey! I haven't bought an airbrush in months. I just sold one actually. Unfortunately while my purchases of airbrushes has ceased, I did start collecting Double Edge Safety Razors a few months ago, I only have 6 now.....damn it!!!! ;)

Back