For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Sad day

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by twood, Jun 22, 2018.

1. twood

twood Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

A very sad day yesterday. We had to say goodbye to our Trixie Girl.... She passed quietly and comfortable. We sat outside on the grass for awhile before hand and enjoyed her favorite place. You will never be forgotten....and always in our heart....
    Trixie was a 9 year old German Shepherd and my best friend. She was big for a female shepherd, a whopping 130 pounds. We have been giving her supplements for arthritis in her back end. I woke up on monday morning and she was limping and had trouble moving her rear legs. We thought she hurt herself playing with our other fur baby, Stewie the cat. They played and chased each other all the time. They were like siblings....
    She didn't get any better and would not eat and found it hard to get up and as she tried to walk, her back end would slide to the side. That was when we made the trip to the vet. They said it seems she ruptured a disc and would give her a shot to relieve the swelling and help with the pain. It was the only thing they could do, and we should see an improvement in 24 hours if it worked. If she wasn't better, we only had one other option....and it was to put her to rest....and if that was the case, then they would come to our house and do it....
    We had to make that call and were devastated.
    We took her outside a couple of hours before the vet came and sat with her on the lawn looking over our back yard and let her watch over everything just like she did and loved doing everyday of her life. We said our goodbyes as she watched the world go by....
    It helped knowing the last thing she saw and did before her passing was to be outside and with her watching over us. She was taken away and will be cremated and then will be back home.....
    IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_1669 (3).JPG IMG_1670 (3).JPG

She is now running and chasing squirrels again....maybe she will finally catch one
  2. Dimitris

Dimitris Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

sorry for your loss twood..
  3. musicmacd

musicmacd The Createx Bandit Very Likeable!

Losing pets is heartbreaking.
  4. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Very sorry for your loss. We have a large boy, 165lbs, that adopted us. He has become such a huge part of our lives that I can only imagine what it will be like when he gets called home...
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Sorry for you loss , Pets sometimes are better family member then even our own kids or spouse, They never judge us and are always there for us.
  6. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Sorry for your loss Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Very sad day indeed! I'm sorry for your loss...
  8. twood

twood Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Thanx everyone. You will never know how much your replies mean to me.
    It has been hard... being that all this happened during the same time as my surgery. We took Trixie to the vet the first time an hour before my appointment at the hospital. We laid her to rest only a half day later.
    After 2 days, i can finally move some (sausage) fingers without screaming from pain....my arm is almost twice the size of normal. I was informed by my surgeon before the procedure that he decided to do more than originally planned. I found out after that he did 3 procedures at once. I do not know if that was a good thing or not.....only time, and pain meds lol will tell.

I must admit, it has been hard for me trying to heal both mentally and physically. My wife Deanna, is having a really hard time and being worried about me is not making it any easier.
    Trixie is one of our fur babies....and her best friend, Stewie, is still looking for her and waiting for the silly games they used to play....
    Cheers all
  9. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

So sorry to hear about your loss of Trix.
  10. Joe T

Joe T Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

So sorry for your loss of a dear family member. They bring so much joy to our lives. Think of all the good times you had together. It’s a hard thing for sure, my wife and I have had to do this 3 times with our old labs and to this day my heart breaks every time I see a picture. She was a beautiful baby for sure and you’re very lucky to have had her. Celebrate her with every thought and be happy she is free of pain now. She will wait for you my friend and one day you all will be together again

My heart breaks for you and your wife.
  11. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

So sorry to hear about your shepherd Tony.
    I'm sure she's missed by your whole family
  12. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

:( - no fun... sorry hear...
  13. Tuffnutz

Tuffnutz Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Sorry dude, I know that if anything happens to my boy I’m doomed. I pamper him hand and foot. I would even cut my arm off and cook it for him if he was starving. Even if I see him scratching, I rush over and tell him I’ll do it fir you. He knows he’s loved. Just a bit. Is it worth saying it’s best to get another one? I just don’t know,
  14. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

first off I am sorry I missed this post and for what it is worth you did the best thing you could do , I know how it feels to make that decision all to well :( sorry for the loss of you friend !
  15. Big John 1945

Big John 1945 Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

So sorry . For an animal that cannot speak to us, but lets us know their every thought and shows us their constant love. I guess this is why they don't live as long as us because they are already perfect and now your girl can go and enjoy her perfection.