Schmincke Aero Medium - is it like transparent base?

Madbrush, you've used it for a while with your paints, do you notice the gloss from the Trans. Extender when you add it to your paints?

Yes I've noticed but it's more of a satin sheen than a gloss, but I use only Schminke colours and they too have a satin sheen, I also have a Schminke water based clear coat which is high gloss.

I don't know if you noticed or checked, but the Golden medium if you buy 250ml costs per 100ml a quarter of what it cost for the same medium from wicked and you can't mix the wicked stuff with Schminke paints, the nice man at Harrold's told all that before i made a fool of myself and just bought it, lol

I bought the 473ml bottle for 18.35 euros which is the same price as the Trident Trans. Base 247ml bottle! so very good value even with postage on top.

The problem with Golden Fluids is that each paint has a different finish, some are matt, some satin and some gloss which is not consistent like the Schmincke. I won't know till I try it but if the difference is very obvious on the painting, I don't think I'm going to like it. Perhaps adding the Trans. Extender might even the finish out a bit. We shall see :) You can buy Golden Matt, Satin and Gloss medium but that is really going toooooo far for me. A Matt, Satin or Gloss varnish is my limit :)

Madbrush, do you use Schminke Aero Pro paints with the Trans. Extender? What surface do you paint it on? Have you used it on T shirts?

I can also buy Schminke Aero Pro at my local art shop so that could also be very interesting for illustrations. I have some and didn't like using it but if the Trans. Extender stops/lessens the tip dry then it will be a whole different ball game. More experimentation, yahoo!

Yes I mix the Golden medium with my Schminke colours when I wan't transparent, if I want to build up slowly I add more medium, usually 3 part medium to one part paint, but Schminke colours are very strong so you can add even more, the more you add the less tip dry.

I haven't tried the medium on t-shirts, only the Sckminke with Schminke fabric medium, I wasn't impressed, I did a night shirt with a tiger head for my wife, that was about a year ago, it is still there but it is a little washed out.

Yes I mix the Golden medium with my Schminke colours when I wan't transparent, if I want to build up slowly I add more medium, usually 3 part medium to one part paint, but Schminke colours are very strong so you can add even more, the more you add the less tip dry.

I haven't tried the medium on t-shirts, only the Sckminke with Schminke fabric medium, I wasn't impressed, I did a night shirt with a tiger head for my wife, that was about a year ago, it is still there but it is a little washed out.

Thanks for the info Madbrush, it's very useful.
cheers Mel

Back