Schmincke Candy - Final test

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
Third and final test with Schminche Aerocolor Candies. This time it is on a chromadek panel that I covered with Rust-oleum Glitter. I gave the glitter a few coats of clear and a light scuff and painted the different candy patterns.

I looked up some classic low-rider designs and these made up my design. I'm sure I could have gone completely bonkers but this is enough for a test panel.

Afterwards I cleared it with Rust-oleum gloss clear, wet sanded it with 600 grit and polished it.

The purple, orange and green were mixed as the set does not include those colours.

candy_panel_sml.jpg brown_sml.jpg red_sml.jpg purple_sml.jpg blue_sml.jpg green_sml.jpg orange_sml.jpg

Here is a short video showing the effect in the sunlight.

The paint is looking very nice. The colours are rich and the transparency is great. Thanks for the video Andre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool as always, @AndreZA !:thumbsup:
I like the way you do your tests, they're always serious. Results are accurate all the time.
Can't remember, are these candies true transparent?
Lace technique works better with the dark colours, black is the best for this. Then patterns look more focused.

Thanks all.

Cool as always, @AndreZA !:thumbsup:
I like the way you do your tests, they're always serious. Results are accurate all the time.
Can't remember, are these candies true transparent?
Lace technique works better with the dark colours, black is the best for this. Then patterns look more focused.

These are pigmented "candies". They state the pigment used on the bottle so I guess they are just very reduced. These tests were all done straight from the bottle.

Yeah, I should have done the lace black seeing the the infinity line and scales came out so nice when using the black. BTW, the black used on those are also the same candy black used for the border.

These are pigmented "candies". They state the pigment used on the bottle so I guess they are just very reduced. These tests were all done straight from the bottle.

OK. Good to know. If I'd ever need WB candies these one would not be considered:)

Yeah, I should have done the lace black seeing the the infinity line and scales came out so nice when using the black. BTW, the black used on those are also the same candy black used for the border.

True. Those black look cool and all other do also, except the piece with red.
I remember works on moto using lace tech combined with other graphics, looking cool. Though, on cars this tech works great also, generally it's the technique that works, not the surface it's used on:)

Back