schmincke paint

D

DiToni

Hello airbrush brothers

I have a question about schmincke paint. When i brush this paint, i have to thin it far to much in my opinion to brush it without problems. When i use reducer from schmincke, it's a little bit better but not the way a mark like Golden paint behaves. Someone have some advise for me?

Grtnx, Ton

Perfection is many small things done well

Do you have that problem with all the colors from Schmincke or just a particilar one? I also use Schmincke and i like it alot to be honest and i dont reduce it alot except i use my Evolution with the 0.15mm setup
or my Micron with the 0.18mm setup. With my Eclipse 0.35 i almost dont reduce them at all. I also never used the Schmincke reducer since destilled water works perfect with those colors. But i also mostly just
use the Schmincke for paper or canvas, on hard surfaces its not that good. I think i for my Eclipse i use a 1:1 reduction and for detailing i use a 1:4 reduction in my evolution and micron. I dont have the white from
Schmincke though since i heard it was cloging easily and wont spray that good. A good flowing white is the Hansa pro color one, also the white from Holbein Aeroflash is good too. The Hans needs almost no reduction
and the Holbein needs abit more reduction since it is abit thicker in my opinion.

Thank you Andreas

You're right when i'm using the 0.4 nozzle i don't have problems, but with the 0.15 nozzle on the Harder & Steinbeck Infinity i have to thin it even more then 1:4 and yes i'm using the black from Scmincke. With small lines it's not a problem but filling the big gaps needs a lot of concentration, lack of it and the painting starts crying. Next time i go for Hansa or Golden.

You are welcome Ton,
I do like the Schmincke black when i work on freehand paintings where i have to build up my shades in layers. Then i reduce it like 1:9 or even more and always spray light layers. I also like it for small detailing
since tip dry is not a big issue with Schmincke black when its reduced around 1:5 or higher and the paint is still not as light as some other black´s when they are reduced the same amount. What also works great
is mixing up a dark neutral grey when you have the Magenta, Yellow and cyan from Schmincke. Use 1 part yellow, 1 part cyan and 3 parts magenta and mix it together. I think this color flows better then the black
and its also not as dirty looking in the end of the black and white artwork. When layerd a few times the neutral grey will be very dark and almost black in the end.
When you go for the Hans or the golden let us know how you like them.

Back