Scots wha hae

Andy johnstone

Young Tutorling
Hi folks, new to airbrushing but I manage to sell some of my other works for beer tokens. Joined this site cos you all seen friendly, ive always found a concise answer and theres none of that name calling and child like tittle tattle ive found on other forums where someone asks a simple question and gets a hugely smug 'apparently' intellectual reply back that misses the point entirely when the guy just wanted to a yes or no. So heres to joining you guys, ill bring the beers (none of that american p*** water mind ) :)

Welcome to the forum from China! Tell us a bit more about your work, your gear, and where you cal home, please.

Well im from near Lockerbie in Scotland, ex Forces of 22 yrs and ive gone back to school to study prosthetic limbs and orthotics. (realistic skin is highly sought after for some). Using a iwata CM SB, createx illustration colours (basically the whole dru blair setup). Nothing to show as yet as Ill work and work on bits and bobs individually before committing to a full pic but heres some of my colour pencil and guache work (dogs buy beers). That second dog was my second ever picture, only picked up a pencil 2 weeks prior and just sort of took to it the method i use is remarkably similar to drus in the way its built up/scratched and rubbed off so it kinda makes sense to give it a try and see what beautiful disasters i can create :) received_10214601364929534-1024x1684.jpeg IMG_20171118_215809599-1248x1664.jpg

Welcome home and I am glad you found us. No we are not like the other site maybe that is why they are all gone.
Mitch's Moto is spread the love so we do our best to live up to it.
Cool pups.

Thank you, a land ive always wanted to visit theres a kiwi with me on the prosthetics course.
What part of NZ are they from...? Cool subject to study. That would be a fun area to get in to. I enjoy mucking around with fiberglass, etc, and the engineering involved is fascinating. Subject wise realistic skin is cool! And of course bio mech fits straight into the mix as well. I love the Ted talk the double amputee does talking about her multiple legs! So cool.

Welcome from down South Andy. Pencil work looks great Buddy, I’m sure you’ll be able to transfer over the skills. Pleased to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Australia,
From the sound of it you will fit in really well, we dont have any "Diva's" or ego's here, any that do appear dont last long.
If someone shouts 'Code Pink' then you have two choices..... you can either grab some popcorn and enjoy the show or you can shut down your connection for a few days.. .. .. its our little code for someone that has asked for help then proceeds to get abusive /obnoxious because they're not getting the answer they want. Doesnt happen very often :)

If the second picture is the result after picking up a pencil two weeks prior then I suspect you are going to have a very enjoyable journey once you learn the tool ..... to be fair the tool is rarely the problem... its normally the paint that causes problems with the tool lol

Have a poke around and ask away when you need to.

Thank you all :) spent 22 years in engineering so love having a tinker half the time i cant even explain what ive done to get to the end result but had fun doing it,.... background yeah i attacked it with a teabag

you're the 2nd engineer we've had join recently. It must be that whole logical brain 'thing' lol
it may not ease your journey but it will make it less likely for your airbrush to wind up lobbed into the wall in frustration. Logical brains tend to ask 'why' rather than 'wtf ' and offending object flying through the air :D

Teabags are useful things, great for aging paper.

(I nearly wrote 'teabagging the background' which is an entirely different approach which will not give an aged paper effect :lipssealed: )

you're the 2nd engineer we've had join recently. It must be that whole logical brain 'thing' lol
it may not ease your journey but it will make it less likely for your airbrush to wind up lobbed into the wall in frustration. Logical brains tend to ask 'why' rather than 'wtf ' and offending object flying through the air :D

Teabags are useful things, great for aging paper.

(I nearly wrote 'teabagging the background' which is an entirely different approach which will not give an aged paper effect :lipssealed: )
LOL. It could be worth a try as long as the paint isn’t too cold.
Or too hot come to think of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back