Sealing a nozzle

mike k

Double Actioner
Hey guys mike here, im just curious what you guys use or do to seal the nozzle for an airbrush that has threads, most of my nozzles came with some orange teflon goo i guess from factory but after cleaning it gets removed after time , do u guys use a little bit of beeswax? Chapstick? Anyone tried tamiyas nozzle sealant?, there really isnt a problem, but i would feel more comfortable if i was able to throw something on the threada to reinsure myself there isnt any air leaks

I used to seal my nozzles in the past but I havent done that for about 6 years now and never had any problems , but if you want to seal it you can use the non permanent locktite I just cant remember what color that is but I think it was grey or blue

I use chapstick. It seems to work fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to seal my nozzles in the past but I havent done that for about 6 years now and never had any problems , but if you want to seal it you can use the non permanent locktite I just cant remember what color that is but I think it was grey or blue
blue is temp, red is perm, and green is you never want to take it off again lol

Im pretty sure red is the never get it off again kind...
green is for plastics

Im pretty sure red is the never get it off again kind...
green is for plastics
well according to my SAB Goblin manual it was to bond a bearing to the carbon fiber frame sooo you got me curious and I had to google:

Loctite Red Threadlocker is the highest strength. This product cures fully in 24 hours and is available in both a liquid and as a semisolid anaerobic. The red products are so powerful that they require heat to be disassembled. A primerless grade threadlocker is also available.

Loctite Green Threadlocker is recommended for locking preassembled fasteners, e.g. electrical connectors and set screws. The product is categorized as medium-to-high-strength for wicking. It is also available in a liquid form, cures in 24 hours and can be removed with heat and hand tools.

I swear I used to remove the red loctite with just hand tools in the past but not on parts I cared about. Meh could be my memory playing tricks on me :)

Now I have to go to the hardware store and look at them again! I remember a green package that said it was for plastics...
sounds like a lot of effort friend :p you were right about the Red being the highest grade. Plastics in the RC world, was a glue we used that would seem like welding the pieces together. J B weld was weak in comparison. I will look around to see if I still have the bottle of it laying around.

Back