Shadow's Log Stardate: 9.26.2013

S

shadow2462

I joined this forum to try to learn the use of an airbrush and possibly be able to create some of the arts that appeal to me for pleasure, not for a job or living. Amazingly enough with the help of all the great peeps here, in a short period of 3 months I have gone from stick figures to my latest "Tribute". So this log is to declare that it is my intention and goal to dedicate at least 2 hrs. per day or 15 hrs. per week. This includes inspiration, references, stencil, texture, paint on media. as needed. My goal is to produce at least one completed piece per month and possibly paintpal piece to boot.

Nice one mate:). Set yourself some great goals there bud, I like your style, it's kind of refreshing when you write it down so to speak and tell everyone what you are going to achieve! Anytime spent thinking and planning, marking out and preparing...even cleaning your airbrush all points to you focusing on painting and picking up the airbrush..all good!

Welcome on board mate

Kev

OK, while I'm waiting for my supplies to get here Thursday I figured I would try to practice on something but didn't know what....sooo I decided to try this flag and I don't think it came out too bad for my 1st one. Reference pic thCA6GQV9D.jpg and my version IMG_0216.jpghope you like!

Nice work, I recently tried my first flag and thoroughly enjoyed it, learnt a lot actually. That's really good work, nice one.

Great stuff shadow.... but. .... possibly a paintpal pic tsk tsk tsk

I think you have a gift for this and the flag looks great.

Well thanks for everyone's cuddo's, but if it's a gift why do I have to work so dang hard?? lol @ ad fez
Great stuff shadow.... but. .... possibly a paintpal pic tsk tsk tsk
lol I already am thinking of a subject for that! so :p lol

Log Update.... Finished this last night. Reference : IMG_0220.jpg finished piece: IMG_0221.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow looks left, right, behind him......good, no one around! Log update star date: 10.5.13 today I was able to get out of doing a job I was scheduled to do this month so sneaking into the hideout to work on top secret painting for biomech contest. SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Good on ya mate, I will find some way of placing all the pics in to one place so your can view them in their monthly order, keep up the great work mate:)

Log update: biomech pic completed and submitted, taking a breather and finding next reference to mutilate lol.

Log update: biomech pic completed and submitted, taking a breather and finding next reference to mutilate lol.

How are so many people finishing theirs already? I'm still in the design phase......guess I'm slacking.

How are so many people finishing theirs already? I'm still in the design phase......guess I'm slacking.
Lol not really bud, I'm a beginner and can't produce the level of detail yet that most of the awesome talent here, or maybe I'm not as sick and twisted, ok ok yeah i'm sick and twisted but not as talented so it doesn't take long to paint "dork" lol

I had not painted anything for almost a week due to feeling under the weather and some type of painters block lol, it's not the best excuse but i'll use it lol So since most i got my wicked paints I wanted to play with some color using both different colors and mixing. This pic is more about working with the colors than about detail or neatness for that matter. this is REF: IMG_0236.jpg I lightly sketched the outline but didn't show in the pic. and FINISHED: IMG_0237.jpg This was just some practice work ...nothing special!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 10/14/03: Another play around piece for seasonal pic titles "I want my Mummy" lol Sorry no steps on this, I started the preliminaries last night and just jumped in today when I got home. REF: thCAS1KB3X.jpg and of course my completed version: IMG_0238.jpg This was done on black sign board with Wicked detail paints and my Velocity. They may not be the best quality but at least I'm staying busy lol.

Back