Sharpenair question

J

John V

Question about the Sharpenair tool.
When you use the Sharpenair to repair an airbrush needle what happens to the compound angle on the tip of the needle ?
If the compound angle is removed from the tip of the needle what effect does it have on the airbrush ?
Thank You

John V

Can't go wrong. It makes things super easy. Maybe not to the absolute utmost of super fine perfectionist perfect perfect but close enough.

Id pretty much guarantee it will pay for itself.

Can't go wrong. It makes things super easy. Maybe not to the absolute utmost of super fine perfectionist perfect perfect but close enough.

Thank You Robbyrockett2 For the help .
Right now I don't need the tool. Bot I will purchase one in the future.

John V

It's kinda funny.. the SA won't make a needle factory new... I always got the feeling it was designed for people who jacked up the needle, and need to get their project done. But it does the job so well, it makes a very very usable needle, almost to the point you may forget you even need/want to order a new one.
One gripe I have, is the 600 grit stones are just way too aggressive. They leave very deep rings/scars in the needle that the sanding and polishing won't get out. I'm thinking of ordering a couple more 1200's to replace them.
Oh yeah.. one more gripe. If you look at the area of the "stone" actually used....it's maybe 5%. If you were able to use the whole surface, you would never need to replace it, ever.

It's kinda funny.. the SA won't make a needle factory new... I always got the feeling it was designed for people who jacked up the needle, and need to get their project done. But it does the job so well, it makes a very very usable needle, almost to the point you may forget you even need/want to order a new one.
One gripe I have, is the 600 grit stones are just way too aggressive. They leave very deep rings/scars in the needle that the sanding and polishing won't get out. I'm thinking of ordering a couple more 1200's to replace them.
Oh yeah.. one more gripe. If you look at the area of the "stone" actually used....it's maybe 5%. If you were able to use the whole surface, you would never need to replace it, ever.

Leakyvalve You made some good points. Worth some thought.

Thank You

John V

Yes two angles to be tapered, grab the polishing pads too if you get one, they don’t work on K33 needles though, I’ve put a friends bent needle in a drill and it came out brand new! Just needed polishing

I have a Paasche Talon and two badgers....does that mean that I would need two...the one for Paasche and the original....that doubles the cost for me...

I have a Paasche Talon and two badgers....does that mean that I would need two...the one for Paasche and the original....that doubles the cost for me...
The Original SharpenAir™ model works with ALL airbrush brands EXCEPT Paasche and DeVilbiss Dagr - Paasche/DeVilbiss users will need the Paasche Model.

I guess so , unfortunately...

Any idea if the grind stones for the paasche model fit the other sharpenair? If so you could just buy the replacements and fit them.. Saves having two sharpenairs.

Lee
The difference is the paasche and devillbiss have really fat needle shafts. So the journals are larger on the tool for paasche.

The paasche model may actually work as is on the others....but it's probably another compromise as far as it would probably be even less apt to get real proper angles on them.

You can almost certainly fit the paasche model with some self made or ordered plastic bushings that could be slipped in the journals though. Then it would be universal.
Just would need to figure out the proper ID and OD to use.

Last edited:
Back