Simple Cheap Helpers

JPulliam

Gravity Guru
Hi everyone. My name is Jim from Spring Hill TN USA about 30 miles south of Nashville, Yee Haa. I have posted a few of my works in the gallery section and read the hell out of forum. Great place to be compared to some of the others populated by "PROS", that just snivel and whine. Any way here are a couple of things I have found to be of great help to me. The Digital pressure gauge from Harbor Freight is great ( #68245 $14.99 usd ). Using this has allowed me to get the exact pressures that work the best with each brush as well as with each paint, Love It. I was having problems using stiff items like French curves and such as shields and masks. It was hard to hold them a the right distance or to move them without damaging recent new paint. Well walking down the store isle last night and the answer jumped out at me, Nerf Darts ( 16 pcs. for $5 usd ). Small enough to fit onto almost anything but strong enough to hold. I cut the foam off short to keep it from getting the way. The pieces cut off make great sleeves for putting over pencils or what ever to cushion and enlarge the grip. Hope these help some of youDigital PSI.jpgNerf Darts.jpg

Cool ideas. Just wonder if you have tried the Jeff darts on a flexible template? Seems it might stick at first, and as long as it doesn't flex in that area, otherwise it's probably not going to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually they stick quite well. They are of high quality rubber and have a kind of flex joint built in. This shot is of the ARTOOL Big Shield being help up by one dart.Dart on Stencil.jpg

very clever idea JP I have a bunch of these darts so i will def be using this trick

Hi Jim, great ideas, never seen those digital pressure guages before, and the nerf dart idea looks great.

Actually they stick quite well. They are of high quality rubber and have a kind of flex joint built in. This shot is of the ARTOOL Big Shield being help up by one dart.View attachment 12594

What a great idea. I'm always trying to figure out how to hold small stencil pieces and get my fingers out of the way! Thanks.

man not even in hundred years i would had such a very clever idea!!!

Back