Siphon feed airbrush question?

K

Kasey24

I have a 155 Anthem I've only been able to use it twice so far but both times when I went to clean it taking the bottle off the gun was extremely difficult. This might be normal, I have no clue. It was difficult that when I pull the bottle off the paint seemed to shoot out of the AB, all over my pants of course. Their also seemed to be a lot of paint in the tube you insert the paint bottle into. Is this normal, or am I just a big clutz? Thank you in advance and have a great day or night depending on your time zone.

Paint long and prosper\\//.:GB_bonesrock:

Before you remove the bottle make sure that the tiny little hole in the lid of the bottle is "clear" I have had paint hit the ceiling :( because the "hole" was plugged up. That little hole being plugged up can also case problems with spraying. It's a breather hole

yer its a bit of nature of the beast, they will wear in a bit but often find myself haven put one in too far and left the paint in for a week, can be a bugger then too get out LOL..The idea of em is that they stay in firm, spend 100 hours on a bonnet and if it falls out you'd wish it had of been your pants LOL 9A rubber band works well in that application) but its just a case of finding that middle ground with em and next time, remove it with a rag LOL..

And oh yer, as the paint goes up that tube, you'll often find paint in it LOL, but don't stress, just clean it out and even stained it will be all good..

Maple Art : Da that's what I'm doing wrong. I unknowingly have my finger over the hole when I'm try to get the bottle off. Oh well the black paint mixed pretty well with my camp shorts.

RebelAir: No stress here:cool-new:. Airbrushing and drawing are my de-stressers. I also just wanted to make sure their wasn't something wrong with my brush.

Thank you both. Peace out!

Paint long and prosper\\//.

Maple Art : Da that's what I'm doing wrong. I unknowingly have my finger over the hole when I'm try to get the bottle off. Oh well the black paint mixed pretty well with my camp shorts.

RebelAir: No stress here:cool-new:. Airbrushing and drawing are my de-stressers. I also just wanted to make sure their wasn't something wrong with my brush.

Thank you both. Peace out!

I found that one out the hard way I had red paint all over me and the ceiling if enough pressure build up in that bottle the paint will will literally "shoot" out my area looked a bit like a scene from a CSI show, but the good news is it never happened again!

Going to try and get some practice in later and we will see how I do. Keep your fingers crossed.

Well got to practice some dots and lines tonight. It was going good for awhile, but then the trigger wouldn't work properly. When I would start my line it wouldn't spray unless I pulled it back a lot farther than I had to at first.when it finally did spray it burst out like I was pulling the trigger all the way back. Went forward with the trigger would get a fine line for a sec or two then start the problem all over again. I was wiping the dry, reg was set at same psi as I used before with no issues. (15 to 25 spectratex black opaque unthinned)
So disassembled cleaned, lubed needle, checked both head pieces for clogs, and checked trigger for any abnormalities everything was fine.The only thing that I thought seemed wrong was again a whole lot of paint in the siphon tube of the brush, and the chamber leading to the head of the brush. Took for ever to get the gun to run clean before I tried to use it again, but to no avail it still did the same thing.

Sounds like you need to thin your paint down a little, and or increase your pressure. I've never used spectratex, but if it's like most other paints, if you use it straight, you need to increase your pressure.

^ yer Specta can be a bit thick straight outta the bottle, fill ya cup up to 1/3 of its level, then fill the rest up with plain ol water, see if that makes a difference..On the anthem you may find the best area of pressure is between 30-40 PSI..I often run on about 35 PSI even for high reductions..GL

Paint drying on the "tip" of the needle "tip dry" you can "hear" a change in the sound of your airbrush time to clean off the tip of the needle I use a q-tip dipped in cleaner and gently clean the needle tip

Back