skin tone colors

Z

zombiefury

Couldn't find the answer when I searched but I have the basic setup of colors,primary,secondary,what I wanted to know was what colors do you mix to get the fleshy color of skin?yellow,red,a drop of blue?I know skin tones are different but to even come close whAT COLORs WOULD YOU MIX??

Sorry, I don't mix skin tones. I layer umber and ochers to get to my colours. On Youtube, Airbrushtutor has a good video.

so I can just hit up youtube for skin tones and I might find the answer there? Thanks.

yup i approach it in the same way (kind of ) as andre..... umber or grey for a sketch, warm shadows with ochers, then i mix a mid tone flesh using etac efx opaque flesh and whatever i think that needs to get near to what i want, does it need to be lighter....add white...... warmer cooler etc etc..... do a spray test and ask yourself "what is there too much of" (not " what is there not enough of" and add a bit of the complimentary colour..... e.g my flesh tone is to red so i add green to combat the red

I suck at portraits, so not the best person to give advice, especially as I can't do that red/green adjustment thing because my lonely brain cell can't cope with it and doesn't want to work that way. lol (I was at the back of the queue when they were giving out brains, luckily I have my wit and sparkling personality to get me through life LOL LOL LOL!!!!) I find the mid tone - and mix up a colour to match, by punching a hole in some paper so I can see the ref colour through, and then spraying my test next to it, til I get one that looks right (doesn't take long......only a few tries....and then a few more.....and maybe some more ....etc...etc....Lol ) then from there I can get my lightest and darkest tones and start building up the layers. Not the right way to do it I'm sure, but it's one the lonely brain cell can cope with.

Check out the airbrush tutors tutorial, he covers mixing skin tones... especially on the transparents and opaques...

Depending on the skin tone I use either a raw or burnt sienna , Or something from the Umber family as a basis for a starting point . I have also been using this site to aid me in color matching http://www.goldenpaints.com/mixer.
Pick the fluid color then upload the picture with the first tab , Note paint choice is second tab.
but mainly it is 10% of the color to 90% white.

Couldn't find the answer when I searched but I have the basic setup of colors,primary,secondary,what I wanted to know was what colors do you mix to get the fleshy color of skin?yellow,red,a drop of blue?I know skin tones are different but to even come close whAT COLORs WOULD YOU MIX??
Hi if you go to www.tridentairbrush.com they have a chart that you can download they tell you how much paint to use and so on. I was going to try and upload the file on here for you but for some reason it's not letting me.

Thank You but I was told by someone else about the trident paints and while I was looking through their website was when I came across the paint charts

Back