Skin tone with primary colors

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Staff member
Admin
Found this a long time ago but as with age I forgot where I had it but since I found it again I thought I would post it up and share.
First: Use yellow and blue to make a green paint, then mix in the same amount of orange or red to produce a brown. Mix the paint thoroughly to produce a smooth brown color.
Next: Add a small amount of white paint to lighten the brown color, then add just a touch of yellow to produce a tan sienna color.
Next: Split the mixture of sienna color in two separate piles then add just a touch of light red to one pile of sienna. Mix this pile thoroughly to produce an umber color.
Lastly: Use small portions of both sienna and umber and mix together to produce a rosy flesh color. Add a little white to the mixture to produce a natural fleshy skin tone.
Hope it helps some of you out and give some a starting point on skin.

Thx for that Micron, it sounds very helpfull. Gonny try it next time i need a skin tone.

Mr Micron that's a great post. Ill be mixing tonight to try this out.

Thank you very much!

Tufty

Thanks for that. And remember to mix enough so that you don't have to go through that too often.

Nicely put, very good starting point information that will save you time and paint. Good work

Thanks for the advice! I've had a lot of problems with the skin tones. I'll try it out. You are using the same number of drops for each colors?

Thanks for the advice! I've had a lot of problems with the skin tones. I'll try it out. You are using the same number of drops for each colors?

I thought I would bring this back up,...great info. Exactly what I was looking for
And Mr. Micron is a little older.....
Cheers

mainly Yes it is equal drops in your mixture.

I thought I would bring this back up,...great info. Exactly what I was looking for
And Mr. Micron is a little older.....
Cheers

I little older LMAO I am older than dirt :D

nice tip "M". like Andre said mix plenty.
If you are older than dirt what does that make me? LOL

very helpful thank you how would I make this base tone gradually darker?

Sure you post this AFTER I get my Driscoll skintone colors lol nice post and am going to have to try this.

Sure you post this AFTER I get my Driscoll skintone colors lol nice post and am going to have to try this.

LOL posted this over a year ago ... But nothing wrong with Driscoll skintone sets , I use them too.

Back