Small amounts of paint continue to come out when not pulling back on trigger.

V

VikingNerd

When I spray my airbrush most of the time it continues to spray a little paint with air going through it. I have replaced the needle and nozzle, but it still happens. not sure what the problem might be. Any thoughts on what to check? Any help is appreciated.

If it's an Iwata it might be that you have to adjust the pressure you need to pull the trigger back abit. I've had it a couple of times that when it is too low there apearantly just isn't enough spring presure to push the needle completely back in the nozzle after the 1st spray (I do set it featherlight). Thats the only thing I can comeup with if the nozzle is replaced and you use the correct needle/nozzle combination.

It's possible that even though the nozzle is new, it's not spotlessly clean, If there's any minute speck of paint/dirt in there it can stop the needle fitting properly and let paint out.

If it's an Iwata it might be that you have to adjust the pressure you need to pull the trigger back abit. I've had it a couple of times that when it is too low there apearantly just isn't enough spring presure to push the needle completely back in the nozzle after the 1st spray (I do set it featherlight). Thats the only thing I can comeup with if the nozzle is replaced and you use the correct needle/nozzle combination.

I have the same problem with my Badger Krome. I set the spring tension by loosening it up to the point where it is doing exactly what you are describing your airbrush doing, then tightening the tension a half turn at a time until the needle is setting firm enough to stop the paint. So, I would suggest tightening the spring pressure a bit and see if that helps.

I find this with my brushes, mist recently my micron, i find it seems to be a bit of build up in the nozzle that can be cleared with a full blast of paint iff to the side. Usually only takes 1-2 tries. I have had this issue also with my badger patriots as well. Probably some debris in the paint. Time to buy some women's hose and strain my paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you killing paint before you kill air? Some people tray to do them simultaneously but it is not right. It is air on, paint on, paint off, air off. Just asking.

I completely stop the paint with air still going.

Are you killing paint before you kill air? Some people tray to do them simultaneously but it is not right. It is air on, paint on, paint off, air off. Just asking.

I can say that it is not always acting like that. And that makes be believe it is a paint/clogging/drying issue. When I blast out some paint it seems to stop for a while. Could this possibly be due to my paint not being reduced properly? BTW, I am using a Badger Renegade Krome.

Back