Small easy to build low pressure buffer air tank cost about $10.00

W

wtsgems

My silent compressor does ok at higher pressures but when you try to run it down in the lower psi the air is pulsing. I built this small buffer can it acts as a small air tank to buffer out the pulses.
I used a steel cold drink can that people use to hike with. the lid has a rubber seal and a fold away sipping stick. also on the lid was a one way valve that kept the bottle from building up a vacuum when you drink out of it.
I took out the sipping part and JB welded in a nipple for one side of my air line. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the can for the other line. i left the vacuum valve alone figuring it would blow before the can would.
my little silent compressor maxes out at 60 psi. I wouldn't suggest attempting to use this kind of can on anything more.2013-02-05 23.56.49-1.jpg2013-02-05 23.56.31-1.jpg2013-02-05 23.56.41-1.jpg

JB Weld is an epoxy that is pretty strong. I'm sure that there's something comperable on your side of the pond, I'm just not sure what it would be called over there.

Hi, OK. thanks for that.

My silent compressor does ok at higher pressures but when you try to run it down in the lower psi the air is pulsing. I built this small buffer can it acts as a small air tank to buffer out the pulses.
I used a steel cold drink can that people use to hike with. the lid has a rubber seal and a fold away sipping stick. also on the lid was a one way valve that kept the bottle from building up a vacuum when you drink out of it.
I took out the sipping part and JB welded in a nipple for one side of my air line. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the can for the other line. i left the vacuum valve alone figuring it would blow before the can would.
my little silent compressor maxes out at 60 psi. I wouldn't suggest attempting to use this kind of can on anything more.View attachment 10328View attachment 10329View attachment 10330

Looking to get into airbrushing, mostly small projects, and have been evaluating compressors. Weighing the cost-benefits of tank vs tank-less. For something so simple and cheap, I'm surprised the pricy tank-less models don't have something like this already. Maybe they do, but just don't bother to mention it...

I'd almost certainly want to try this on a tank-less setup. What's the airflow order of your parts?

Compressor --> Pressure Regulator --> Buffer Tank --> Water Trap --> Air Brush

Did I get the order right? Miss any parts?

I always liked the tire filler tank from harbor frieght for this more volume and can hold more pressure

Safer too, its actually got a safety stamp , pressure release valve, and a pressure rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back