Small Respirator - UK?

M

MadAsA

Hi all

Have just started airbrushing today and realised that with buying everything and sorting the garage out i had forgotten to get a mask. Searching on this site i liked the look of the RZ Safety Mask but it does not appear to be available in the UK.

Can anyone recommend something that is like the RZ but also available in the UK...or if there is nothing then the smallest mask that would do that job that is not a disposable mask.

I will only be using Createx Colours for the next 20 or 30 yrs of practice if today was anything to go by ;0) but the garage only has natural ventalation as in the door is open (just incase that makes any difference).

Many thanks

Hi all

Have just started airbrushing today and realised that with buying everything and sorting the garage out i had forgotten to get a mask. Searching on this site i liked the look of the RZ Safety Mask but it does not appear to be available in the UK.

Can anyone recommend something that is like the RZ but also available in the UK...or if there is nothing then the smallest mask that would do that job that is not a disposable mask.

I will only be using Createx Colours for the next 20 or 30 yrs of practice if today was anything to go by ;0) but the garage only has natural ventalation as in the door is open (just incase that makes any difference).

Many thanks

For waterbase you can get by with a dust mask . mainly you do not want any paint in you lung .
So an affordable dust mask will work.
But Coast Airbrush does ship all over the world.

A small fan with an airfilter taped to it will also draw the overspray away, if its bothering you, and the filter will trap it, just tape it to the intake if the fan. I use a 20" box fan and a 20"x20"x1" furnace filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

So as a 43yr old bloke i would be looking at the XL mask i assume?

For waterbase you can get by with a dust mask . mainly you do not want any paint in you lung .
So an affordable dust mask will work.
But Coast Airbrush does ship all over the world.

Sounds like a plan and i have a fan that would do that nicely. Would a basic air filter cover the airborne paint spray or should i look at a certain spec filter?

A small fan with an airfilter taped to it will also draw the overspray away, if its bothering you, and the filter will trap it, just tape it to the intake if the fan. I use a 20" box fan and a 20"x20"x1" furnace filter.

I bought mine from UK, www.air-craft.net. 3M 7500 half mask. I added the particolate filters, pre-filter retainers/platforms and works like a charm. I also ordered before, for my scale modeling painting sessions, a benchvent spray booth, for spraying lacquers, but works very well in filtering also the smell of some acrylic paints I'm using for my artistic paintings :)

catalin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan and i have a fan that would do that nicely. Would a basic air filter cover the airborne paint spray or should i look at a certain spec filter?

I use a basic, it catches a lot, if you are worried, get a thicker filter or use 2. I bought a 3 pack , I don't use it all that often, unless doing some heavy spraying.

All depends on face size. I wear a full face respirator at work, i am a medium, most people are a medium, unless you have a larger head or a flabby face. The respirator brand website may have a way to figure it out. We het fit tested frequently. a weight change of 10 pounds cam change respirator size.

We sell the complete RZ range and we ship worldwide.

Excellent Lion Art, but you forgot to mention you are in Holland which would let MadAsA see that delivery in his case would take only a few days, lol

Since I've used your services myself before and was more than happy with the time (next day) I've taken the liberty of posting your link.

Lion-Art shop and the mask Rz Mask

Why not put this link permanently into your signature so that the guys can easily find you and it certainly wouldn't harm your business.

@everyone, although this is a Dutch website, it can be viewed in English.

I thought i set my signature but it doesn't show. Yes we are in Holland and we sent alost outside of Holland also to the UK. I didn't post an direct link because i don't know how strick there are on this forum about the owner advertising there own materials. Thanks Madbrush

I thought i set my signature but it doesn't show. Yes we are in Holland and we sent alost outside of Holland also to the UK. I didn't post an direct link because i don't know how strick there are on this forum about the owner advertising there own materials. Thanks Madbrush

No problem, I think you've been here long enough to have earned the right to advertise yourself, if you are are unsure just drop Mitch a line, but I doubt very much if it would be a problem, and since you supply everything for the airbrushing community, it can only be a plus.

You have contributed in the all the time you've been here so it's not as if your only here to pedal your own wares, and simply knowing there are people like yourself and Ken on the forum is a comfort to those of us who sometimes struggle to find what we're looking for.

You can post a link or even add the link to your signature so folks know you are a dealer.

Also PM Mitch so he can set you up as a dealer / supplier.

I use a Respro mask which is like the RZ and they are a UK company. Their prices include package and posting.
I use a Respro Sportsta which has very good filters and I use it a lot when doing detail work. Even though I only use acrylic paint I still use a Respirator for heavy spraying but I use the Respro filter mask the most.

Here is a link Respro: Allergy Relief - Rhinitis - Sportsta Mask
They also do other models and cheaper versions here is a link Respro: Urban Commuting - Cycling
I think the Metro is the cheapest which doesn't have valves in it to help breathing, then there is the City mask which does have valves. They have different filters, if you have any questions you can email them.

I did lots of research on masks and you can watch my videos for more info Airbrush for Beginners (Tips & Tricks) 4 - Respirator and Filter Mask. - YouTube
and the update Airbrush for Beginners (Tips & Tricks) 4 Update - Filter Mask and Respirator - YouTube

Or you can get the RZ mask from Lion-Art, I have bought a lot of equipment from him and he's very good. You'll have to ask him about postage to the UK from Holland (I don't live in UK).
Here is a link Rz Mask
Hope this helps
Cheers Mel

I use dust masks because I do sandblasting.
Check out these people
CRL Search

I use the masks and have a respirator.

right then order the RZ from lion -art which is handy as my brother in law lives in amsterdam :) so will be delivered to him and he can bring it over as he's due here soon.

Isnt it nice when things become easy :D

right then order the RZ from lion -art which is handy as my brother in law lives in amsterdam :) so will be delivered to him and he can bring it over as he's due here soon.

Isnt it nice when things become easy :D

It would be just as easy to have it sent to yourself, lol, since Amsterdam is quite a bit away from where Lion Art's shop is, his shop is in the province of Zeeland which is probably closer to you than it is to Amsterdam, and the postage shouldn't be too much and a small price to pay to keep yourself healthy.

One of the things I love about Holland is there is absolutely no shortage of art supplies, but that probably has a lot to do with all the Dutch masters that ever existed, past and present.

Back