For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

SN 1 needle arrived along with the new needle seal

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

it took the needle only a week to arrive so I am happy with that and I would love to give this needle a run for its money but that would not be fair with a nozzle that is so worn out that it wont spray nice hairlines any more
    So I started with testing the new seal and how light I can preset my needle spring without any lube or balm
    I will let the picture do the talking
    DSCN1356.JPG
    that is lighter than I could with the old seal and K33 needle
    As my nozzle doenst care how much pressure is needed to spray I tested how much I would need to get the micron to spray with the SN 1 .
    compressor is set at 2 bar and mac valve turned all the way down till no air comes out after I dialed the air control knob about 1/4 open the paint started to flow the mac valve is a iwata mac and the paint etac efx straight out the bottle not reduced with anything with this low pressure I was able to spray a wide pattern
    and a hairline as far as my bad nozzle would allow so far this SN needle preforms like the K33 but to be fair I wont test it any further till my new nozzle arrives
    jord001, doc1, SiRoxx and 1 other person like this.
  2. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

So cool to see it out there! sounds like so far it's not disappointing, which makes me happy :)
    jord001, DaveG and huskystafford like this.
  3. Ronald art

I did my final test : I did not clean the airbrush and needle and let it sit on the stand for about 40 minutes turned the mac valve open to 1/2 turn so still low pressure and I admit to low for etac paints straight from the bottle as it will spray grainy but this test is not about the paint but the needle
    this is my result :
    DSCN1358.JPG
    the worn out nozzle doesnt play nice when it comes to fine lines but I knew that from the start but I only gave a blast of air with out pulling back the trigger and then pulled the trigger all the way back to do the widest line and went back over it just for fun .
    the "thin" lines are just playing around with the needle and trigger
    Like \i said from the start this is not a fair test of this SN1 needle but it tells me this needle is up to the job and can hold its own to the k33
    to make sure I did the same thing with my HP SB+ with a stock Iwata needle and I had to remove the dry tip / clean the needle before it would spray after sitting on the stand for 40 minutes
    further testing will be done once my new nozzle arrives
    jord001, doc1, SiRoxx and 2 others like this.
  4. Robbyrockett2

Oh btw, my son Charlie who plays lots of minecraft was quite puzzled as to where I found a portal to send a package to the Nether. He is also convinced that Ronald must be a wither skeleton since he lives there.
    jord001, JackEb, SiRoxx and 2 others like this.
  5. Robbyrockett2

This is really good news. I'm thrilled for the initial feedback from a real user.....
    jord001, SiRoxx and huskystafford like this.
  6. Ronald art

my nozzle wont be sent to me till January 9th and it will take about 5 days to arrive so I would say get a SN 0.2 HP SB needle plus needle seal and nut ready for me coz I am sure I will put in that order at the end of the month :)
    And I just put some of your needle balm on that needle and I could turn the tension on the needle spring back an other 3 to 4 turns and the gap between the needle chuck nut and the tension screw is now about 4 mm
    jord001, doc1, SiRoxx and 1 other person like this.
  7. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

This is great to hear. I’m not surprised that the initial tests are positive as I have some idea of how much effort has gone into producing it. Now we need .23 Micron and .35 Eclipse needles, stat! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001, doc1, Dimitris and 2 others like this.
  8. Robbyrockett2

.35 may very well be the next available , I think it's such a common brush and the needle for it would be so incredibly tough.
    jord001, JackEb and SiRoxx like this.
  9. Dimitris

Dimitris Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Ooooooohhh yes we do!!! :D :whistling: o_O
  10. Ronald art

I was so trilled to test out the needle I didnt pay much attention to the seal other than how it worked with a real soft needle spring so this morning I did pay a bit more attention to the feel this o ring gives me and I must say it feels like the rubber seal in a old v1 micron and I like it very much
    doc1, Robbyrockett2, Dimitris and 2 others like this.
  11. Ronald art

the micron( 770) nozzle has be shipped and if all goes as planned it should be in my airbrush by the end of next week and I look forward to test the SN1 needle with a good nozzle and I have asked Robby to make me a 0.2 needle for my HP SB
    doc1 and Robbyrockett2 like this.