Some advice for Createx Paints ?

B

Blink60

Hello, (Sorry if there are mistakes in my english but i'm french :ambivalence:)

I begin in airbrush, and i need advices.

I bought an airbrush Iwata Eclipse SBS, it's equipped with a nozzle 0.3. I chose this model because it seems versatile. My goal is to paint Rc cars Bodies.

My choice of paint is Createx opaque, and builder advice nozzle 0.5, so i'd like to know what dilution would be okay with my nozzle ?

Translucent paintings are more fluid if i understand. They need to have dilution ?

If i dilute the paint, what pressure should i apply ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello, (Sorry if there are mistakes in my english but i'm french :ambivalence:)

I begin in airbrush, and i need advices.

I bought an airbrush Iwata Eclipse SBS, it's equipped with a nozzle 0.3. I chose this model because it seems versatile. My goal is to paint Rc cars Bodies.

My choice of paint is Createx opaque, and builder advice nozzle 0.5, so i'd like to know what dilution would be okay with my nozzle ?

Translucent paintings are more fluid if i understand. They need to have dilution ?

If i dilute the paint, what pressure should i apply ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
You should really look for Wicked (Made by Createx) it is designed for all surfaces. Where the Standard Createx is made for Textiles and is not color fast which means it will fade if exposed to too much sun light.
But to answer your question start out at 3 drop water to 1 drop paint at 30 PSI.
If you feel this does not flow well enough add 1 drop water until you get the flow to where you like it.

Ouch ! i already bought a lot of paint in the standard createx ... i would take the next in Wicked.

Thanks for your advices.

Hi Blink - if the sale person advised them (or even if you haven't used any and don't want to do T shirts) then surely you can take them back and exchange for other paint you do need?
good luck :)

I'd be concerned with adhesion problems using standard Createx on Lexan. The light fastness may become a problem also.

The createx prob wouldnt be that bad for RC cars as your blasting it on more as bases in most jobs but it may make it hard for the cars you do want to do some detail on or nice gradients..Would prob pay to swap that paint out if you can for something more designed for plastics..Good luck..

if you do want to try the createx out I'd prob (After scuffing the plastic body) hit it with as little reduction as possible and up the pressure to about 40-50 ish..
Give yourself some distance and cake that stuff on..Then a good sand to actually make it look OK..LOL

Last edited:
le meilleur conseil pour createx est le jeter hors de la fenêtre. s'il vous plaît regarde ici:

Model Paints

C'est une peinture faite spécialement pour les modèles de peinture. Il est parfait pour une utilisation dans un aérographe. Utilisez avec réducteur 1: 1 si vous voulez une couverture en un seul passage ou ajouter plus réducteur pour les mélanges de couleurs.

I'd also have a look at Trident waterbased paint. I'm using that for RC bodies and it covers really well.

Rebelair, no point in sanding it, you paint the inside not the outside :D Detail first base colour last.

Thank you for all your answers.

I will negotiate with my dealer an exchange with Wicked range.

And what do you think of painting Spaz Stix ? Are there need dilution with this painting and a nozzle 0.3 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new too , I have been told to dilute my creatix 8 to 1 and spray at 35 psi ,it should be the cosistancy of milk and if you over dilute you can always add more paint . good luck im still experimenting but depending on the color 5 to 1 or better seems to work

Back