somethings up with my airbrush

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
So, i dissembled the airbrush to put in the taller trigger came apart just fine...but the hole, that is supposed to be there for the post of the trigger, is filled with something?

Looks like the original post for the standard trigger....this day, i tell ya.

What do i do?

Ok i resembled it with the old trigger....but now the trigger doesn't move the needle at all

Never mind....got it....though i feel like i have destroyed this thing :culpability:

Anyone have any idea why the taller trigger doesn't fit when it was an upgrade for this brush?

ALSO, the brush spits a little paint when i push down on the trigger but don't pull back...and when i get up close, and slightly push down and pull back just a litle, it spiders the paint

Last edited:
Sorry man I just dont know. Where did you order the trigger from? If it was Coastairbrush call them , that or call the Iwata tech line, if they have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea, it was coastairbrush...i ordered the taller trigger with the airbrush on the selected upgrade drop menu. I will have to call them

Ok i resembled it with the old trigger....but now the trigger doesn't move the needle at all

Never mind....got it....though i feel like i have destroyed this thing :culpability:

Anyone have any idea why the taller trigger doesn't fit when it was an upgrade for this brush?

ALSO, the brush spits a little paint when i push down on the trigger but don't pull back...and when i get up close, and slightly push down and pull back just a litle, it spiders the paint

Does it constantly release paint when the trigger is forward? If so, your needle may not be seated all the way forward, or you may have a cracked nozzle.

If it only splatters the paint when you first press the trigger down, your technique is wrong.
It is air on, then pull back for paint, bring trigger forward to stop paint, then release the air. You probably just have paint built up on the needle because you are releasing the air before having the trigger forward.

Keep practicing, one of Mitch's first videos shows the proper technique.
How to Control an Airbrush

Does it constantly release paint when the trigger is forward? If so, your needle may not be seated all the way forward, or you may have a cracked nozzle.

If it only splatters the paint when you first press the trigger down, your technique is wrong.
It is air on, then pull back for paint, bring trigger forward to stop paint, then release the air. You probably just have paint built up on the needle because you are releasing the air before having the trigger forward.

Keep practicing, one of Mitch's first videos shows the proper technique.
How to Control an Airbrush

....Oh :culpability: ha, yea i noticed i was doing that, i shouldn't try and do stuff when i have a headache. Thank you.

I love that this is your first day painting yet have 280 posts on here. .... I reckon that's a record!!! Good luck sevastra

It does not help if you do not tell us what airbrush you have. If it is one of the upper tier Iwatas, then the original trigger is in two parts, the trigger itself and a little piston on top of the airvalve. The taller trigger is also two pieces but they are joined together. Just dig into the airbrush with some tweezers and pull out the little piston. You could have asked Coast to do this for you when you placed the order.

I seem to remember something about some of them needing the pin removed from the trigger or something. Might have been the 2 piece triggers like you are saying Andre.

Thanks everyone.

AndreZa, It's an iwata Hp-ch.

Yeah, wmlepage, you're right.I talked to coastbrush. I have to remove the pin that came stock with the AB, and then stick the post attached to the taller trigger in the hole.

Hah, ad fez, yea i was a bit overzealous, took forever to get money together to buy all the stuff :)

Back