Sorry for the very late introduction

N

Niall Duncan

Hi all, well I am a complete newbie, well I was a year ago but I'm still a beginner. I started late in life (55) but its something I always wanted to do. I have an Iwata HP-B+, an Eclipse HP-BCS and an Olympos 200B. I don't practice as much as I should but I still totally enjoy it. I will never be as good as most of you guys but as I say, I love it and I find it very therapeutic. I meant to add that I'm a Scotsman who lives down here in deepest Tasmania, well as deep as Launceston anyway! I also LOVE fly fishing.....
thanks for letting me join
best regards
Niall

Hey Niall, welcome from New Zealand. WE have things to catch on fly over here, my favorite would be the Sea Trout!

Welcome home Niall (I will call you young one LOL) 55 is not that old We have Richard H who is in his 70's and just starting out with airbrushing so yer never to old to learn :D

Welcome Niall. Hope you enjoy your time here at the forum. What style of work interests you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome from South Australia Niall, I think you may be our first Tasweigen :)

Age is just a number and for many of us its the first time in decades that we have time to persue hobbies that we are interested in. As for not being as good as most of the members here, well you just never know ! we didnt all start out being able to do this, we all started where you are at, doing dots, daggers etc, it all slowly grows.

Make sure you post up pics of what you are working on, we love guiding people and sharing their journey

Hey Niall, welcome from New Zealand. WE have things to catch on fly over here, my favorite would be the Sea Trout!
OH please don't get me started on the fishing in NZ..... I am constantly watching youtube videos of you guys and the monsters you call trout...... maybe one day I might get a chance to thrash your hallowed waters!!!! :)

Welcome Niall. Hope you enjoy your time here at the forum. What style of work interests you?

thanks, I am not really sure what style yet..... still learning to keep my head above water... :) I would probably like doing wildlife and , well, to be honest, I am trying to do the pillars of creation at the moment....hahahaha yes, it really is that funny, I might be better trying it on something better than paper, maybe clayboard would be a better substrate to use to get the vivid colours im looking for...... but anyway, thanks again.

That’s cool. There are a lot of guys that create some awesome wildlife pictures here, so there will be a lot of advice at your disposal when you get up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH please don't get me started on the fishing in NZ..... I am constantly watching youtube videos of you guys and the monsters you call trout...... maybe one day I might get a chance to thrash your hallowed waters!!!! :)
You are welcome indeed... yes, our legal limit in most places is 300mm... in the States that's a trophy fish! What do you guys have in Tasmania?

Welcome to the Forum from a warm and humid South Africa. Looking forward to see some of your work, even if its just daggers and dots... You now in the mist of the Great AB Masters, follow them, read their posts, make notes and try not to get confused by wanting to take it all in at once, you will toast your brains with all their knowledge and experience... take it one step at a time, practice, practice practice learn your paint and your airbrush, plan well and execute! Okay now that is what I learned in 1 week from these great guys! Good Luck! How do you eat an elephant? one bite at time... How do you catch a monkey?... you don't, you paint it! lol

Back