Sotaaarrrrrrgggggg

F

flycatchr

my almost brand new sotar dropped from its resting place and landed on its arse - and the needle blew its way through the paint nozzle. I am rather upset because I should have seen it coming and of course - there is no back cover - So I have future proofed it - Thanks to Jpulliam's thread - http://www.airbrushforum.org/tips-tricks/4507-simple-cheap-helpers.html

So now I wait on ken and or amazon

apparently the renegade paint nozzle and needle fit- so I might order those

BIG SIGH.

Attachments

• capture_209.png
    capture_209.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20130512_205500.jpg
    20130512_205500.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 50
Be careful with the Renegade needle and nozzle Flycatchr. I bought a Renegade Fine Conversion Kit RK-061 because they fit in the Sotar. I put the conversion kit in my Sotar and it does fit BUT it didn't spray very well at all. It was worse than my Chinese knockoffs so I took it out and have not used it again since. Maybe there is a trick I missed, or something else I should have done. If someone knows do tell :)
Cheers Mel

Be careful with the Renegade needle and nozzle Flycatchr. I bought a Renegade Fine Conversion Kit RK-061 because they fit in the Sotar. I put the conversion kit in my Sotar and it does fit BUT it didn't spray very well at all. It was worse than my Chinese knockoffs so I took it out and have not used it again since. Maybe there is a trick I missed, or something else I should have done. If someone knows do tell :)
Cheers Mel
Thanks for the advice Mel :)
Looking on amazon - the conversion kits are a tad cheaper than the single nozzle for the sotar - thats why the interest using the Renegade

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sorry to hear that, that really blows. No unfortunate events like that for me yet other than snagging my Infinitys needle on some paper towel and bending it...had a spare needle though and the bent one is fixable I think.

Thanks for the advice Mel :)
Looking on amazon - the conversion kits are a tad cheaper than the single nozzle for the sotar - thats why the interest using the Renegade

Yes I know they are cheaper and that's why I was curious to give them a try out. I got the Renegade Fine conversion kit because it has a 0.3mm set up and that would have complimented the Sotar 0.2mm set up. But as I said it sprayed so badly I was shocked. I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as the real Sotar needle and nozzle but I did expect it to work reasonably well. You could always give it a try, perhaps I wasn't patient enough but it could be false economy . The Ultra Fine conversion kit is a 0.2mm setup.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Sotar as I know how long it took for you to make the plunge and go for it. Really excrementty.

That sucks fly! If I ever drop a gun it always nose dives, sods law will get you every time!

i messed up my micron and paid the equivilant for a hok small quantitie kit for a new fluid head and needle turns out i just needed a nozzle but i wanted the head for a spare 50 usd for a new nozzle ouchies

That sucks fly! If I ever drop a gun it always nose dives, sods law will get you every time!
sooo true :'(
I dropped my toast the other night BOTH slices landed jam side down.
but then I have won an amazing amount of competitions :)

i messed up my micron and paid the equivilant for a hok small quantitie kit for a new fluid head and needle turns out i just needed a nozzle but i wanted the head for a spare 50 usd for a new nozzle ouchies

OUCH indeed ferret. I was considering getting 3 nozzles for $90 (including transport and taxes) from amazon. But then I do hope Ken gets my email and I can get some with my comp paints /me holds thumbs

Ok make sure you are using the right regulator (the needle cap) if it's not the right size you'll have issues with spraying.

Ok make sure you are using the right regulator (the needle cap) if it's not the right size you'll have issues with spraying.

thanks - I figured :)
I am hoping that the regulator didnt get damaged too - that would be sad :/

Hi Bikergranny, are you referring to the spraying problems I had with the Renegade conversion kit in my Sotar? The Renegade fine conversion kit comes with the needle, nozzle and Spray regulator so I changed them all when I put it in my Sotar so that can't be the problem. The regulator in the conversion kit had a bigger hole in it than the Sotar regulator which would be correct as the Fine needle is 0.3mm and the Sotar has a 0.2mm needle. If you were not referring to this, please ignore :) If you were, thanks for the thought.
Cheers Mel

sooo true :'(
I dropped my toast the other night BOTH slices landed jam side down.
but then I have won an amazing amount of competitions :)
I don't think that has anything to do with luck, just skill!!!! Although I don't even get a vote usually, and my toast stays fuzz free when it drops. Hmmmmm.... Next time there's a comp I might just throw my toast on the floor, I need all the help I can get LOL LOL LOL!

I don't think that has anything to do with luck, just skill!!!! Although I don't even get a vote usually, and my toast stays fuzz free when it drops. Hmmmmm.... Next time there's a comp I might just throw my toast on the floor, I need all the help I can get LOL LOL LOL!
LOL no - definitely luck as the comps i have entered (apart from the case mod - see my intro thread - didn't win :( ) are all write in competitions. (PC, TV, microwave, trailer etc :) )

Back