Sotar 20/20 back-flow

Dagann

Young Tutorling
I have a Sotar 20/20 and often find paint entering the trigger compartment. Also, while painting it appears the paint cup is receiving micro-bubbles. I'm new to the art, therefore, it may be an adjustment problem. I also have a Krome that does the same thing. Any advice? I'd appreciate any wisdom on the subject from experienced artists that want to help an old FNG like me...lol.

I'm assuming this is a fairly new brush? If so, you probably need to adjust the needle bearing. It's located just forward of the trigger and should have a little flathead setscrew. They are very very sensitive on Badgers, a 1/16th of a turn might be too much.
If that doesn't work it might need replacing.

If paint is getting in the the trigger area - the needle packing needs replaced. The 20/20 has no provisions for adjusting the needle packing. Badger requests you send the brush back to them for replacing. I have had these start to leak after just a few uses on a few of my Badger brushes... nature of the build.

Bubbles in the cup are usually as indicated above - with one exception. If the "hold down ring" is not snug enough, it can allow air to slip past the nozzle seat - so you should try snugging that up, as well as giving the entire head just a the slightest bit more snugging...

I'm assuming this is a fairly new brush? If so, you probably need to adjust the needle bearing. It's located just forward of the trigger and should have a little flathead setscrew. They are very very sensitive on Badgers, a 1/16th of a turn might be too much.
If that doesn't work it might need replacing.
I assume you are talking about the "needle bearing" is located inside the brush and not on the exterior. I say that because there is no "adjustment" on the exterior. Anyway, I appreciate your input.

If paint is getting in the the trigger area - the needle packing needs replaced. The 20/20 has no provisions for adjusting the needle packing. Badger requests you send the brush back to them for replacing. I have had these start to leak after just a few uses on a few of my Badger brushes... nature of the build.

Bubbles in the cup are usually as indicated above - with one exception. If the "hold down ring" is not snug enough, it can allow air to slip past the nozzle seat - so you should try snugging that up, as well as giving the entire head just a the slightest bit more snugging...
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Bubbles in the cup indicate the head is loose allowing air to back flow around the nozzle. And the paint getting into the trigger usually is the packing bearing is not tight enough which allows paint to push back around the needle. There should be a slight resistance when sliding the needle through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/fredaw61
Thank you very much. I have the same problem with a Badger Krome. It looks like both airbrushes have a road trip in their future...lol. Your advice appears more factual than the other replies. Again, thank you.

Back