Space needle development

Robbyrockett2

Air-Valve Autobot!
50-60 hrc hardness , can be polished or reshaped/repaired to your hearts content with sharpenair...... If you ever manage to damage it, as you can see it is awfully resilient.
Properties go all the way through , not just 33 microns deep, which is about .0012" or .033mm if you're still unclear whether you can repair that other needle.

Even helps to keep your nozzle from damage bc of the way the heat treatment allows flex.

This isn't even the final version...which I'll make available within a month.

Last edited:
Rockett space needle, I'm thinking.

Yeah, I'm certain their margins are ridiculously high at $35 for a sharpened piece of 304 stainless wire that cost fractions of a cent to produce.

But if they were worried they'd have bought sharpenair and shut it down.

How does it spray afterwards Robby? Have you tried it yet?
Husky, There's tons of NON Iwata needles nozzles etc for sale on eBay, they seem to be able to sell them without any issues. As long as its not branded as Iwata or Badger or whichever manufacturer there's no issues. They're just compatibles.

Lee

Btw, each needle will have an overlapping microphoto comparison done to ensure the closest possible match to the profile of the original needle of the brush its intended for.

There's absolutely zero damage done here.
Sprays perfectly fine.

It is not indestructible, I have bent them, but the way the heat treat is done prevents sharp kinks, so a bend can be pushed out easily since it's a mild curve typically.

If not, you can always sharpenair it.
The most common damage that requires re sharpening is if you jab straight into something hard, the very sharp point of the tip breaks off. Takes a pretty rough hit though, and then you can easily reapair it and still have original properties.

Last edited:
I've the thread title as "Spare needle development" and thought to myself "what?"o_Oo_Oo_O:D

Very promising just watching the video. Another good thing to have for AB tuning.

you gonna get killed by Iwata... Probably they already looking for a guy who would do the job...

Not really:) But it's a good ass kick for making better products. If they'd do that steps towards improving. As not many, to say the least, did that steps towards something new in AB production after Mr. Wold.

How does it spray afterwards Robby? Have you tried it yet?
Husky, There's tons of NON Iwata needles nozzles etc for sale on eBay, they seem to be able to sell them without any issues. As long as its not branded as Iwata or Badger or whichever manufacturer there's no issues. They're just compatibles.

Lee
I didn't know that. I just replaced needle and nozzle yesterday, so I will need to do some shopping in the future. I buy in advance so I don't need to wait for delivery. To be honest I didn't look at ebay, usually I go on amazon.

I've the thread title as "Spare needle development" and thought to myself "what?"o_Oo_Oo_O:D

Very promising just watching the video. Another good thing to have for AB tuning.

Not really:) But it's a good ass kick for making better products. If they'd do that steps towards improving. As not many, to say the least, did that steps towards something new in AB production after Mr. Wold.
Now we need to make an commercial ad: Robby running away from Iwata mafia :D

I didn't know that. I just replaced needle and nozzle yesterday, so I will need to do some shopping in the future. I buy in advance so I don't need to wait for delivery. To be honest I didn't look at ebay, usually I go on amazon.
I'm not sure there's any alternative needles out there for a 1.4mm shaft like your eclipses.....?

Back