For Every Airbrush Artist!

Want to see more forum, less google ads ? Then register for free

Register

Sparmax tc-501N vs Cool Runner TC-320

Discussion in 'Compressors' started by BullBuchanan, Oct 29, 2021.

1. BullBuchanan

BullBuchanan Young Tutorling

I'm a novice airbrusher who's been using my Cool Runner II TC-320 for about a year to paint miniatures with a Badger Patriot and a recently acquired Iwata Eclipse. A used Sparmax TC-501N recently fell into my lap and I don't think it really makes sense to keep both of them. Is the sparmax an upgrade? I've read that it's optimized for moisture control. I exclusively airbrush outside in a non temperature controlled environment in Texas, so I have had some difficulty when it's raining, cold, or just humid.

It does seem to run a little quieter than the cool runner, but I don't know if it's as reliable or there are other things I should consider before selling one of them. Any thoughts or things I could research?
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

I don’t really know the specifics of each compressor, but if neither have a tank then they’re probably similar in terms of “quality”.
  3. DaveG

DaveG Airbush Analyst Very Likeable!

The Sparmax would be a higher build spec/quality than the Master. How much? Tough to say... I would guess at the Sparmax being a longer living unit overall, but again, by how much? If you only want one, pick the one you like better, and let the other go...
    SiRoxx and BullBuchanan like this.