Spectra Tex - Good stuff!

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
Hi Everyone,

Ken sent me a few samples of the spectra-tex a while ago - hadn't heard anything about it and thought meh...
I've only just opened the samples and started spraying out of the bottle and i'm blown away by the performance. Now i'm not too sure about specs like if they can be used on hard surfaces etc - but for my use (i.e. water based private artworks) they are kicking butt!
running them through a renegade krome they are one of the smoothest, finest paints i've used - however i changed the tip setup in my iwata to a 0.2mm and the detail i can get is phenomenal. tip dry is still an issue of course as it's a water based, pigment paint.. but i guess you just have to live with it.
Just thought i'd let anyone know who's interested that i really do back spectra-tex paints. I'm genuinely impressed at their performance... highly recommended.

Hi Mitch,
I have alot of the Spectra Tex paints too and actualy i like them better then the Wicked colors. The black and white im not so sure yet since i got massive tip try when i tried them, but i have to
play more with them. But as for the colors like red and everything else i have to say i love them. I used them on a hard surface already and they are holding up as good or even better then the Wicked.
Also i got some of their metallic colors and they are also awesome to use even with a 0.3mm nozzle.

Mitch, do a bloody T-shirt with that paint will ya?

I was gonna try them out when I get them with the brush I win in the comp ;) would love to give them a go....

I received a care package from Ken with some Spectra-Tex paints, and I've had great results with them. I've used them on shirts, plastics and metals with no adhesion problems at all, as long your prep work is good!!! I would, and DO recommend Badgers Spectra-Tex paints to all. What makes this paint even more spectacular.......THE PRICE!!!!! And no Im not a Badger Rep, haha, just really stand behind their products, theyre good people!!!!

Are they lighfast do you know? Wouldn't want to get some for a bike and then have it fade. Also is anyone stocking in the uk yet? Thanks.

isnt it ironic...i first started with spectra tex and went to createx and auto air because i thought they were better

I seen Jaime Rodriguez (R.I.P) use that paint, and he promoted it on his videos, and his art work always had a real bright color to it. I haven't tried it yet but is it like Auto Air where it really pops when you put the clear coat on it or is it more for t-shirts and canvas work?

Mitch
I have to agree spectra tex sprays like a dream , No reduction needed with the .35 or .30 set up. My micron wants a little bit more reduction on the spectra than I figured it would but over all I can see why Jamie Rodriguez used it all the time may he rest in peace.
Hab it is better than Auto-Air and Wicked as far as spray-ability , Have not used it long enough to say anything about how well it will hold up in straight sun light but I am working on a piece to sit out in the weather and see how the color hold.

Hi Everyone,

Ken sent me a few samples of the spectra-tex a while ago - hadn't heard anything about it and thought meh...
I've only just opened the samples and started spraying out of the bottle and i'm blown away by the performance. Now i'm not too sure about specs like if they can be used on hard surfaces etc - but for my use (i.e. water based private artworks) they are kicking butt!
running them through a renegade krome they are one of the smoothest, finest paints i've used - however i changed the tip setup in my iwata to a 0.2mm and the detail i can get is phenomenal. tip dry is still an issue of course as it's a water based, pigment paint.. but i guess you just have to live with it.
Just thought i'd let anyone know who's interested that i really do back spectra-tex paints. I'm genuinely impressed at their performance... highly recommended.

Could this mean my Evolution might have a chance, have you tried it in your Infinity? I still can't get Scminke or Createx to make an appearance.

Madbrush, thats weird, my first tutor used schminke in his evo and infinity, he reduced it 1 to 1 standartly.

Schmincke also works great for me. The Schmincke black is flowing much better then the Spectra-Tex for sure, so dont bother getting it
if your Evo wont work with Schmincke. I use the Schmincke in my Evo with the 0.15mm setup and also in the Micron with the 0.18mm .
Im using a 1:5 reduction mostly for the details.

i painted my cat ... no i painted the cat it jumped on my lap so i painted it ....just kidding the very local art shop just got spectratex in so you know il give it a go let yo guys know what i think

o k so im waiting for a new nozzle to come and im posting a new video with my infinity on you tube i want to do dots thain conect them with dagger strokes you talked me into it they have a pack of spektra at a verry local art shop andthey are 29.00 i have a 40% off coupon thats were i got my badger 910 compressor thank god for thhe internet

yep i got 1 bottle white and 1 red at the store today they already sold out ofthe kits one thing i noticed is that the paint is thinned out pretty good id recon a 4 oz spectra is equal to 3oz of wiked however it did work like a satin covered brides maid on satin sheets it flowed like silk. no clogs and i can finally go from a fine point to a widi line back to a fine point with constant flow i am still waiting for the snail to get here from fl with my nozzle i accidentally dropped my infinity and damaged the nozzle as well if i get extra funding i will get sevral sets for both the brushes so i have extras straight away ... yes yes i am hard on my equipment.......as for the spectra tex great stuff good job badger

Hi Everyone,

Hey Mitch. I use spectra text on all.my shirts. The pigmentation is phenomenal!

I really like the spectra line as well. Can only find it in Michaels here. Matter of fact I'm going to get some tomorrow or later today rather, I'm all out of black. I like that they really don't need thinning unless you want to, and they clean easy. Wish hobby lobby carried them, that would be my main choice for shirts, canvas and paper.

Back