spectra tex metallic cooper

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
I'm using my Iwata revolution .3 needle and I jus cant make this paint flow correctly , which is the correct way to use this paint ?

I need a medium ?
Is just to use a drope to give sparks to other colors and no rigth out of the bottle ?
Is 0.3 not enough to use it ?
Recommended pressure for this paint ?

I shoot metallics trough a .5, a thing less and it's a gamble, Auto Air aluminum coarse won't even fit through a .7 .

Maybe try over reducing it 4:1 and go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Diago, I find that most paints even thin ones 1 paint 4 or 5 water or reducer with about 15-20 psi works well. You can reduce more like 1 paint 8 or 10 water / reducer but then you need to reduce the psi to between 8 -12 but you need to build up your paint slower, give those a try and see how you go. Let us know how you get on. I dont have any problems spraying spectratex bronze through my 0.2 iwata.

Lee

Last edited:
You will found it Michelle , and will do it better than me =D

Thanks for all the advices , I will try all of them

I have nothing but problems with metallic paints.. besides the E'tac golds. Auto air and the rest, just seem to give me fits. I've managed to get it flowing somewhat decent through a .5 on my Paasche, but the E'tac golds, will flow through the .2 on my Krome with the same reductions as the regular E'tac Private Stock. For all the others, its hit or miss with playing with the reductions and air pressure until I can get it to spray decently.

One thing that does help with the auto air is mixing it in a separate container. I usually just mix my colors in the color cup, but with the auto air metallics, It never mixes well in the color cup and always leaves a big glob of paint on the bottom of the cup wicth ALWAYS causes clogging problems. When I mix it in a separate container, I get a better mix and I avoid that glob of thick paint. Don't know if you run into the same problems with the Spectra Tex, but maybe give that a shot.

I usually just mix my colors in the color cup, but with the auto air metallics, It never mixes well in the color cup and always leaves a big glob of paint on the bottom of the cup wicth ALWAYS causes clogging problems.

Great tip !!!! maybe thats my problem , I'm mixing on the cup

I got a bottle of that in my little treat bag from the last competition il mess with it and let you what i think (some rimes when i am using thick globby apaint i likr to back flush the gun and use the bubbles to mix up the paint

Back