Spectra Tex Paints

W

worldofglasscraft

Hi all,
I am just going over paint prices and see that Spectra Tex airbrush paint sets are currently being sold for about £5 a set cheaper than it's competitors.

I have never use this paint, although I know people like Jaime Rodreges the t-shirt painter on you tube swears by this paint.

Looking at their colours they seem to have some wicked sounding names (no pun intended)

Anyone got any feedback on them at all please?

Hi all,
I am just going over paint prices and see that Spectra Tex airbrush paint sets are currently being sold for about £5 a set cheaper than it's competitors.

I have never use this paint, although I know people like Jaime Rodreges the t-shirt painter on you tube swears by this paint.

Looking at their colours they seem to have some wicked sounding names (no pun intended)

Anyone got any feedback on them at all please?

Any one who gets there paint free, cheap or at a very reduced price is going to swear by it, that's what they get paid for and that's the world we live in.

I bought a bottle white paint (No brand name) because some one (No culprit name) said it was better for covering, after using this for first time it was worst than the horse urine I was already using, and if any one has been using this stuff they will tell it's the best, what they won't tell you is they haven't used anything else.

We have guys at the airfield who are sponsored to fly a particular brand name model helicopter, they swear by them too, but the same idiots crash these ten times more than the poor guy who only has money for the cheap stuff, and always electronic malfunction, this tells me the cheap stuff is better, all my work up till now is done with a knock off despite having expensive brushes I haven't yet used, and I have not had half the problems I hear on hear about all the "good stuff" all airbrushes are rubbish if there is an idiot standing behind it, buying the most expensive airbrush does not make one the ultimate artist.

Sorry about they negative outlook, but all the faith I had built up over the human race was today totally destroyed, it will come back but the question is when.

Spectra tex is a genuine Badger paint matey, i have looked at sites all over the world and it does seem to have a lower price tag.
Maybe it's a loss leader whilst it tries to get more accepted??

it has some brilliant named colours though

I know Jaime Rodriguez he is a cool dude , Yes he loves anything badger. But he gets paid well from them and he will tell you for t-shirts and textiles it is a good paint. But for auto he uses HOK or SEM.
But This is what I will tell you on anything , Buy a bottle and give it a go yourself. Why because what works for some does not work for all.
As far as airbrushes goes they are kind of like cars , All cars are junk , By that I mean they all break down , need repaired but the real difference is the cost and what you as the owner can afford for up keep.
So if you have a question about a product try it.
When Wicked first came out I wrote the company and they sent me some free samples and a bottle of reducer. Why cause they want my business. So in my opinion all company should take a example from Createx , If someone ask about their product send them a sample. Just black white and what ever reducer they need who knows they may even gain more customer by doing this.

Spectra tex is a genuine Badger paint matey, i have looked at sites all over the world and it does seem to have a lower price tag.
Maybe it's a loss leader whilst it tries to get more accepted??

it has some brilliant named colours though

I'm not disputing that it's a good paint, but since I've never used it I couldn't say one way or the other, like Mr Micron says, try it out.

When I go to my supplier and he says to me This is the best on the market, I say show me then, if he says no, then I say put it back on the shelf and allow me to make my own choice, I some times even ask if it's that good why is everything sold out except that.

Have you considered that maybe the low price is pure and simple honesty, I can understand in this world that that would just be too good to be true, but it does happen.

My point is when you hear the guys here complaining about a particular brand of paint, you know for sure they are not being sponsored, also like Mr Micron said if a particular manufacturer is so confident about there wares, they should be more than happy to let you try it out.

I know Jaime Rodriguez he is a cool dude , Yes he loves anything badger. But he gets paid well from them and he will tell you for t-shirts and textiles it is a good paint. But for auto he uses HOK or SEM.
But This is what I will tell you on anything , Buy a bottle and give it a go yourself. Why because what works for some does not work for all.
As far as airbrushes goes they are kind of like cars , All cars are junk , By that I mean they all break down , need repaired but the real difference is the cost and what you as the owner can afford for up keep.
So if you have a question about a product try it.
When Wicked first came out I wrote the company and they sent me some free samples and a bottle of reducer. Why cause they want my business. So in my opinion all company should take a example from Createx , If someone ask about their product send them a sample. Just black white and what ever reducer they need who knows they may even gain more customer by doing this.

Wow, you know the guy. Have you seen him work in real time? His you tube video's are brilliant but what is that black wrist thing on his right arm about, is it a airbrushing support or a medical thing?
I didn't know he did auto's I thought he owned a t-shirt shop in a mall in Arizona.
He is definately a talented artist though.
Yes I'm gonna but some spectra tex, but I don't know anything about badgers airbrushes. I have the neo and the eclipse and don't know any different/better.

My original point was that Spectra tex paint prices world wide seem to be set at a lower sales price and at the end of the day paint all comes from the same place really.

I bought a few colors from Micahels( a us store) white was garbage, red and peach worked ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, you know the guy. Have you seen him work in real time? His you tube video's are brilliant but what is that black wrist thing on his right arm about, is it a airbrushing support or a medical thing?
I didn't know he did auto's I thought he owned a t-shirt shop in a mall in Arizona.
He is definately a talented artist though.
Yes I'm gonna but some spectra tex, but I don't know anything about badgers airbrushes. I have the neo and the eclipse and don't know any different/better.

My original point was that Spectra tex paint prices world wide seem to be set at a lower sales price and at the end of the day paint all comes from the same place really.

Jamie has CTS carpal tunnel syndrome , when it is giving him fits he wears it. Jamie makes more from t-shirts than auto's from his locations but he also owns a auto paint shop.
You can always find him at the Badger booth in the SEMA show. But he is a hoot to hang with. But as far as an affordable paint yes it is.

ok what difference does it make, all these artist made the same mistake we are making with paint, said the same thing we have said, cussed the same words we have cussed, the point is, this is how you learn, dont expect to be handed everything in perfect working order, ofcourse companies are gonna say their paint is the best, you would do the same if you were selling your own paint. we learn from our mistake our failures which may be many, but if this is your passion then expect to led down the wrong path, the wrong paint, eventually you will find the wright tool , the wright paint, the wright everything, just dont give up, all have failed, we must fall berfore we walk, so stop the bitchin, that just how it is, we are predators, living in a predator pond, man up and move on. if you want it you wont give up, if you dont, then lay it down and move on. being an artist is a frustrating thing, why do you think most artist are classified as crazy or insane , cutting ears off, living like animals, and so forth. just be glad you have the ability to grab your tool, your paint, and your imagination and put it too use. just think about if you had to worry bout where your next meal is coming from or if your going to freeze to death sleeping outdoors in the cold, damn men, take advantage of how damn good you got it.

… just be glad you have the ability to grab your tool, your paint, and your imagination and put it too use.
okay....I will admit that I'm currently plugged into an oxygen supply and may be a little light headed, but this has got to be the best quote I've read this week LOL

 okay....I will admit that I'm currently plugged into an oxygen supply and may be a little light headed, but this has got to be the best quote I've read this week LOL
do you mean this in a good way, grab your tool, yeah im talking bout the airbrush, not my tool, hope it made you feel better jackie, sorry your in the hospital, i know that a persons health is of the ulitmate concern , cause it you dont have good health, you dont feel like doing much, and that is just such a downer, been down that road, and i didnt like it.

You managed to make me chuckle Ran and that can only be good. My sense of humour is one thing the medicos can't control so I'll let it out to play as much as I can

My point is when you hear the guys here complaining about a particular brand of paint, you know for sure they are not being sponsored

LOL Madbrush ..What if there complaining about the paint that they ain't sponsoring, so more buy the one they are sponsoring and not complaining about ;) LOLOL

I like to use anything WOGC and hell if its cheaper I'll paint through any issues LOL..But have heard of the brand and its supposed to be alright, but as someone mentioned, we all like our own products so I'll go with those that sponsor me LOL...Joshin, I'll go with anything I find works and is less painfull to my pocket :)..And if there got cool paint color names, well that's just a bonus, let us know how they go if ya get em :)

ok what difference does it make, a

Quite a lot really lil mountain dude.
Some of us have to save up to buy the littlest of things.
Take advantage of how damn good I got it ?.......Yeah Right, bud.

we all like our own products so I'll go with those that sponsor me LOL...Joshin, I'll go with anything I find works and is less painfull to my pocket :)..And if there got cool paint color names, well that's just a bonus, let us know how they go if ya get em :)

As a noob, it can cost a lot of money finding out what works and what doesn't. Yes I will buy some of their paints to test it but i notice that even the famous J.R doesnt use their white and uses auto white or auto white mixed with spectra white. Same problem for white with other makes, wicked/createx/medea. Interesting.

As a noob, it can cost a lot of money finding out what works and what doesn't. Yes I will buy some of their paints to test it but i notice that even the famous J.R doesnt use their white and uses auto white or auto white mixed with spectra white. Same problem for white with other makes, wicked/createx/medea. Interesting.

sorry, i was just pissed off cause i had to much to drink, my wife was sleeping so i poured paint all over her and tried to roll her in the bed sheets to see what it would look like, she didnt like that too much so i told her it was your ideal, then she forced me to write such haneous things about all my friend on airbrush tutor, as my punishment, things that i would probably regret in the morning. anyway i hope everyone forgives me, even though it was wolfmans ideal to do the bed sheet thing, on the other hand, i did get some pretty good pics of the bed sheet before she folded it up and made me wear it as a diaper.:sorrow: sorry im such a bastard, i was just following the advice of my elders.:nightmare:

I have alot of spectra tex paint the white needs to be reduced as with any white, I have found that the best white I have used is wicked, as for the rest of the paint goes they are all good. Watch my video of Water base Flames that is all I use in that video. Good Luck.

Cflow785

sorry, i was just pissed off cause i had to much to drink, my wife was sleeping so i poured paint all over her and tried to roll her in the bed

Maybe you should try it without the paint first :)

Back