spitting airbrush

J

james chu

hi i am kind of new to the airbrushing world; and my airbrush has started spitting when i pull the trigger. i looked up solutions online and tried taking the entire thing apart and cleaning it inside out, leaving it soaked in airbrush cleaning fluid and i even bought a new needle in case the other one was bent.
please help i don't know what to do. many thanks to any replies in advance.

hi i am kind of new to the airbrushing world; and my airbrush has started spitting when i pull the trigger. i looked up solutions online and tried taking the entire thing apart and cleaning it inside out, leaving it soaked in airbrush cleaning fluid and i even bought a new needle in case the other one was bent.
Try thinning your paint. When I had my smaller tip on my Badger 150 and I tried to shoot unthinned Wicked it spit and spattered a lot.
If that doesn't work, try switching bottles(if you have a suction fed brush) , a different paint, or increase the PSI coming from your compressor (if it's adjustable).
If that doesn't work (depending on what kind of airbrush you have...) try getting a new tip.
I don't know if all internal mix brushes are the same but my Badger has a tip that comes off and I have a big one, and a small one.

i got a new tip and that didnt work, my brush is gravity fed, and ive tried thinning also my compressor isnt adjustable, and it was working fine before :'(

Go to "introductions", tell us a little about yourself, the country you are in and what you like to paint and stuff.

We need to know what airbrush you are using, what pressure, what paint and so on, the more you tell us, the more precisely we can help.

Spitting is usually improper reduction or psi. Like said before me, introduce yourself in the introduction forum and let us know what equipment and paints you are using

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i got a new tip and that didnt work, my brush is gravity fed, and ive tried thinning also my compressor isnt adjustable, and it was working fine before :'(
Check to make sure that all of your connections aren't leaking. Take a little water, mix a tiny bit of dish soap, and put it on the connections, while they're put together. If you see any bubbles you have a leak.

Like everybody else said go introduce yourself

James, what up?

What airbrush, paint and PSI are you using?
Can you be any more specific with the spitting action? Perhaps a photo?
Does paint also come out normally when you pull back on the trigger or does it simply spit?
Cheers

Speculation, water condensed to the air?
Do you have a Regulator-separator/air filter?
Sry the language =D

Speculation, water condensed to the air?
Do you have a Regulator-separator/air filter?
Sry the language =D
This too.

I think he/she means to check (if you have a tank on your compressor) if it has water in it (by emptying it) and do you have a moisture trap on it as well?

Hi James, welcome from the uk! As has already been said, more info will help us help you :) But you just lucked out finding this forum, all the help you'll ever need right here, and with the Airbrush Tutors videos to get you on your way, you'll be a pro in no time.

Hi James; I'm not the top o the line Airbrush artist but I've been airbrushing for about 15 years. My experience with "spitting" is that it is usually due to one of 3 things; 1)either your needle is gunked up with paint 2) the hole in the top of your jar is clogged or 3) your paint is too thick and is clogging your airbrush...hope that helps. PJ

Hi James; I'm not the top o the line Airbrush artist but I've been airbrushing for about 15 years. My experience with "spitting" is that it is usually due to one of 3 things; 1)either your needle is gunked up with paint 2) the hole in the top of your jar is clogged or 3) your paint is too thick and is clogging your airbrush...hope that helps. PJ

Back