Spray Gun - chossing NOZZLE

S

snufkin

I want to but a spray gun for one purpose: spraying walls especially backgrounds. exp. I will paint dolphins with the Iwata. I need something bigger to paint the ocean background. I think I got some bad advice. my teacher told me to buy a 2.0 nozzle and up. the sells man told me that this is for heavy staff like chocolate.
what is the proper size for walls? the paint is not so heavy.
tnx

The average size for a touchup gun is 1.0mm and for a large spray gun 1.3 to 1.5mm is pretty standard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I reckon ( the spelling is good??) I will go with 1.4....?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

if that's what is available to you then yes it will work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

A 2.0 is for shooting thick primers, which is probably not what you want. It will put a LOT of material down real fast.

It does depend on what specific paint you're going to use, but generally for basecoats I use a 1.2 or 1.3. A 1.4 should work fine, as well. It will just take a bit of adjusting to get the fan pattern and fluid level "just right" (as it would with any gun).

As with nearly everything in life, you will get what you pay for. If this is for a one-time job, a cheap gun from Harbor Freight will probably get you by. They aren't exactly the best guns out there, but for putting down coats of opaque color, they'll work. If the gun is going to be a regularly used tool that you'll be using often, it's VERY much worth it to pony up for at least a mid/high end gun.

Well you right but I paid for iwata and start to getting on my nerves so its also a mix of what you wrote and luck ;) I can buy also a 1.3 or 1.2 from the Internet so I think that it's also an option

Back