Spray guns opinions

L

lgrabek

Hi I thought we can write in this post about ours spray guns what we use for base and clear coats, ours opinions and what preasure we use for them. It will help people like me with decision what to buy.

So I'm thinking to buy DeVilbiss SLG 1.3 Gravity Feed it works on 35 psi. Does anyone use that?

Can't beat the Devilbiss GTI pro in my opinion. Well a Satajet might flow a little nicer - but for $1200? Nope. Devilbiss.

Oh la la 12 hundred a bit expensive unless you have got a proper workshop, garage. The SLG cost about 50 pounds so it's not so bad. I've just checked gti price it's about 400 pounds, still bit to much.

Last edited by a moderator:
For now im just using some cheapy chinese HVLP mini spray guns with a 0.8mm needle nozzle setup. They work ok for the things i do for now, its mostly only basecoating some
mdf wood panels and some Dibond panels. I was looking to get a Devibliss FLG 5 but then i read it is not very compatible with waterbased colors since it can corode on some parts.
And i can´t work with urethanes since i spray in my cellar and i dont wanna have those fumes there lol. I might blow up the whole house if i use them lol. So if you wanna use
waterbased paints then you also better have a look if the gun is allowed to work with them.
[h=1][/h]

Oh and i just had a look at the DeVilbiss SLG 1.3 , you have to consider it does not have the Trans Tech or the HVLP technique, so it will use some more paint
and also you have some more overspray flying around with this gun. If that does not bother you i guess it is a pretty good gun.

Oh and i just had a look at the DeVilbiss SLG 1.3 , you have to consider it does not have the Trans Tech or the HVLP technique, so it will use some more paint
and also you have some more overspray flying around with this gun. If that does not bother you i guess it is a pretty good gun.

thanks, i have to read some more abot guns cause i don't know what's hvlp and trans tech and many more hehe

thanks, i have to read some more abot guns cause i don't know what's hvlp and trans tech and many more hehe

The HVLP stands for High Volume Low Pressure, they came up with that a few ago, means you have more flow by lower pressure. That is why there will
be less overspray then. And the Trans Tech is just something similar that Devibliss made their own, its supposed to be even more effective then HVLP.

I'm in the market for a nice detail gun to use for primering and basecoating small pieces without the mess of my full size guns. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been using the china crap too but my wifey wants to buy me one and I'm tired of the china crappers crappin out on me so quickly. They're really a PITA to clean as well. Really, really, really PITA!

I bought a Devilbiss Finishline kit with Dekupps and it has worked great. It seems harder to identify their detail guns for some reason and I really don't want a gun with a plastic screw on cup!

nope but another good little hvlp for the money are the finex line by sharp I think it sprays better than a finish line and they are around $100 for the fx1000 which is the mini hvlp

Last edited:
gonna check that out. I'm having a hard time even finding the small finishline unless it's being sold in a kit. The $300 Sri mini is easy to find, but WAY out of my ballpark lol

Ok so now a bit stupid question, i've read a bit and i think there is no chance i can use spray gun with my mini compressor which got approx 25l/min am I right. If there is something let me know. The smallest lvlp gun was for 180/min

Ok so now a bit stupid question, i've read a bit and i think there is no chance i can use spray gun with my mini compressor which got approx 25l/min am I right. If there is something let me know. The smallest lvlp gun was for 180/min

You are right, a spray gun wont work with your mini compressor. You at least need a bigger compressor with 2HP and a 13 gallon tank.

:( no happy about that hehe cause i live with my wife in studio flat and i can't afford to loose more free space hehe. I know it's not funny. But soon im moving to big house so it will change. Thanks for answers guys

I bought this about 12 years ago and have hardly used it, the company I got it from is no longer in business, does anyone know where I could get a different needle and nozzle for it?
I noticed the dial on the side changes the atomisation of the spray, but have no idea what applications or effects it would be used for!! Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers
Adam
P1050041.jpg

I bought this about 12 years ago and have hardly used it, the company I got it from is no longer in business, does anyone know where I could get a different needle and nozzle for it?
I noticed the dial on the side changes the atomisation of the spray, but have no idea what applications or effects it would be used for!! Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers
Adam
View attachment 5813

first off I have very limited experience, but if you painted that purple I'd swear you had the one Harbor Freight sells. If you're desperate enough perhaps check out their service parts and see if their parts fit. their parts cant be very expensive.

on second thought Central Pneumatic(Harbor Freight) guns are throwaway guns and they make it real hard to find parts unless you have the original documentation which I do and if you want I could give you the info. not home now or I would take a look at some that i have and compare. hopefully someone has some better info for you

Back