spray troubles

N

NIbbels

I just started with airbrushing like 2 weeks are so.
But I'am having troubles with my airbrush, it's a lancaster MKA3.
When i push the trigger there's already paint coming out without me pulling it.
Anyone have any idea what the problem would be?
In the beginning this wasn't a problem. I cleaned my airbrush every time.
Did I forget to clean something?

You need to clean the nozzle, there is most likely dried paint trapped in there so that your needle can't go all the way forward.

mad brush is wright, no matter how much you clean it , sometimes paint just want to stay in there, esp white,

Could be dried paint for sure as mentioned, could also be a damaged tip if you've inserted the needle to hard and flared the tip or cracked it..Grab out a magnifying glass and have a close look if it continues after a good clean, hopefully it is just a bit of dried paint..Good luck.

Might as well check the nozzle as well, just hold it up to a light.

Could be dried paint for sure as mentioned, could also be a damaged tip if you've inserted the needle to hard and flared the tip or cracked it..Grab out a magnifying glass and have a close look if it continues after a good clean, hopefully it is just a bit of dried paint..Good luck.

Sorry Ace, I forgot about this possibility, lol

I had the same problem recently from cleaning out my cup with a q-tip. Some of the q-tip fuzz came loose and got jammed into the nozzle. Was unable to clean it out properly and damaged my needle trying. Think I'm going to order a nozzle cleaning kit in case anything like this happens again. Oh and I will never put a q-tip or cotton swab near my airbrush again. Ever.

@ Johnny no need for a nozzle cleaning kit. Take a tooth pick soak it 15 minutes in water/ cleaner trim the tip with an sharpy and voila there is your nozzle cleaning tool which is at least not so harsh at the nozzle than the steel scrapers that i saw the other day in a airbrush shop because a little scratch meant also ordering a new nozzle which are quite expensive.

it's solved, soaked my nozzle in cleaner, now I can go and airbrush again ;)

HI also new to the forum and air brushing.when i have this problem i just use carburetor cleaner to remove the dried paint .also nail polish remover .But stay away from the "o" rings .nail polish remover will dissolve it .i remove the needle and cap and just dip it and let dry

Back