spraying logo onto guitar

T

Tufty

My mate wants me to spray a logo onto his guitar.This is the proposed method any feedback would be gratefull.Guitar is Matt black the finish colour he wants.1. To spray logo I was going to frisket off the outer edge of the logo and 600 wet and dry the area or could I etch prime instead straight onto the matt black?2. Then auto air black base the logo area.3. Friskett and cut logo.4. Spray logo with auto air metalic silver.5. Remove stencil.6. Clear coat logo area.7. Remove outer friskett to reveal whole area.Would this work or do need to think of alternative?The problem is he wants back ground to stay matt black but the logo will have to be clear coated to prevent wear.Any input or recommendations would be gratefull.Regards Tufty

Im not sure how exactly it will work Tufty since i never done anything like that. But for the matt black look in the end i would think a matt clear coat might also work for that if you have to apply it over the whole guitar.
Pretty sure some experienced memebers can tell you exactly how its done, guess the most experienced with guitars that i can think off now would be Svee. You can also send him a private message if no one else replies
here. Good luck with the project :)

Im not sure how exactly it will work Tufty since i never done anything like that. But for the matt black look in the end i would think a matt clear coat might also work for that if you have to apply it over the whole guitar.
Pretty sure some experienced memebers can tell you exactly how its done, guess the most experienced with guitars that i can think off now would be Svee. You can also send him a private message if no one else replies
here. Good luck with the project :)

Many thanks Stranger, if I remember ill post pics of progress on here. He thought it was just a case of spraying straight onto guitar. I had to explain its a little more involved.

I just want to make sure I get adhesion to the original matt paint with the logo.

Thanks again

Back