Start learning skin textures (with color)

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Finally conviced myself to stop painting stuff that I'm almost sure I can,
and try to understand how to create skin texture. I'll be taking a class at late April but would curtainly help me if I know a couple of things.

After reading and re-reading several posts about it (colors, erasing) here's my start:

46348704_10216208452511596_1536140726096625664_n.jpg

So far I've mixed 1d sienna-1d sepia -5d reducer and went soft layer-erase, 3-4 times. I'll try not to mess up, but I'd appreciate your help to try to achieve that color from the reference. My logic says that I should use red-violet?
I'm just as excited as when I first airbrushed!

If you look at your tone it’s way too orangey, if you add a drop of blue you will kill that and be closer, you will find you may need to add another colour but you won’t know what till you add the blue!
My guess would be burnt umber, but happy to help if you add the blue then re post,

If I was making the colour I would of started with red violet and burnt umber,

Thanks for the help MacD, much appreciated!
I'll give it some expirements tomorrow and I'll post them, could help someone else too.
Off to bed now, 2.30 after midnight here.

Serious start on the textures!:thumbsup: I can say just now that you will have great results.

I've mixed 3d sepia, 3d sienna, 1d blue and came out olive green. Maybe it needed less blue?

You need just to knock down orange by adding an opposite colour just a tiny bit, especially that blue pigment is strong. That's for neutralizing the orange towards grey side. You've added to much and the colour turned green (yellow/that's in orange/ + blue = green). It's just how it works.

Learn the colour wheel and colour theory. You'll be surprised how the things will be easy.

Here's good video to start.
I've done that tool myself, it helps for understanding.

Search for other videos and you'l succeed! You will, as what you do leads to great results.

Back