Started search for new brush

S

shadow2462

Ok go ahead and say it "I told you so" lol, I'ts official, my Master 233 is a POS. So the hunt for a Badger or Iwata starts, and hopefully can convince wife I really need it lol! I'm a little leary of items on ebay for the reason that might be fakes being sold as name brand, so am leaning more towards reputable store online. Which leads me to my next dilemma, Iwata or Badger i'm hearing good and bad on both brands especially patriots,kromes and eclipse, revolution.....too many choices lol

I have bought several brushes from ebay, just fine a seller with a great rating, and has a store. I think I paid $56 for one of my badger patriots through ebay, I am in the states, and bought from a US supplier. Yes at the price there was only a cardboard box, who cares, at that privacy buy 2, if you can find them at that price again. Even if not I have found great pricing on ebay, and other retailers, look for sales, many like Chicago airbrush supply have the, frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buy from west coast or chicago airbrush supply.i am not in the states,so prices are a little high from the delivery,but had good responce from them when in trouble,i also recommend a talon.i own one and is as good as every airbrush besides,spare parts are cheap.and right now am waiting for spare parts of mojo 3 to costumize my talon into a precision airbrush!:angel:

if you have some money get a silver line or an infinity,you won´t regret...you can tell your wife is for a portrait of her!!!also i recommend the harder and steenbeck portrait sheilds!!!

buy from west coast or chicago airbrush supply.i am not in the states,so prices are a little high from the delivery,but had good responce from them when in trouble,i also recommend a talon.i own one and is as good as every airbrush besides,spare parts are cheap.and right now am waiting for spare parts of mojo 3 to costumize my talon into a precision airbrush!:angel:

if you have some money get a silver line or an infinity,you won´t regret...you can tell your wife is for a portrait of her!!!also i recommend the harder and steenbeck portrait sheilds!!!
Yes, price of replacement parts and availability is a major factor in my decision making as well. So far I found @TCPglobal Iwata Eclipse HP-CS $140, Revolution CR $100, @chicagoairsupply Badger Patriot 105 $69.95 and the search will continue for now.

Ohhh, someone say infinity?? I want one so bad, haha. Anywhooo, I have the Badger Krome, Custom Badger Velocity, Badger Patriot 105, Badger 360 and Badger 150 as well as the Micron CM-C and Iwata HP-C+. Every single one of these are all good brushes. I cant take anything from any of them. For me it all boils down to what is most comfortable in my hand, and at this time its the Badger Kromes and Velocities! So, being the good guy I like to think I am, Im trading my HP-C+ for another Badger Krome. My friend is getting one hell of a deal on an awesome Iwata HP-C+ and Im getting the brush I want. Ya money wise he's getting the better end of the deal, but in the end, Im able to save him a buck, and Im getting another brush that I will use instead of it just setting there. Im tellin ya this not because I think Badger is superior to Iwata, but because its all about whats most comfortable to ya!!! Youre probably like me though, don't live anywhere near an airbrush shop so you can put one in hand so you just gotta take a gamble. It looks like the Master 233 is based off of the Iwata High Performance line so if the Master brush was comfortable in hand to you, I would say go for the Iwata's, or if you want to take a gamble and save a bit of money go for the Badger. It boils down to preference in my opinion. Best of luck my friend!!!

Yeah Russ, unfortunately there is no place to fondle any brushes lol so when I bought the Master even though it wasn't a great brush, compared to what I had it was like trading a Yugo for a Cadilac and you learn to use it because its what you have deal. But now the Master is either failing or i'm improving (not sure which) hehehe I'ts like I confessed in one of my other posts, I now understand why its better to get good brush from the beginning. (hangs head in shame):shame:

The two places I'd recommend buying from would be coastairbrush.com or chicagoairbrushsupply.com. Most of the others I've dealt with have been less than impressive, some have been out-right scoundrels. I don't have much in the way of options for airbrushes locally, so the majority of my supplies come from the interwebs. Coast's prices tend to be a bit higher, but their customer service more than makes up for it, imo. As far as which airbrush to get, at risk of sounding like a broken record, I'd recommend the HP-CS. Unless Badger and Paasche have drastically improved their quality in the past year or so, they just don't hold up to Iwata. Also, when looking at cost of replacement parts, keep in mind the frequency that you're going to have to replace parts, too. If one $30 Iwata nozzle lasts for 4 years, but you have to buy a new $10 H&S nozzle every 6 months, which one is actually cheaper? btw- my HP-CS still has it's original nozzle and needle in it, and I bought it used from an artist who's been airbrushing for decades. My HP-CS is old enough that it still had a rubber needle bearing in it, which I had to switch to a new Teflon one so I could use it with urethanes. So, the airbrush, and all of it's parts, including the nozzle and needle, are at least 10-15 years old, with only the needle bearing being newer. THAT airbrush is a work horse.

Coast airbrush is the only place I am comfortable with anymore. They answer my calls, answer my questions and care for their reputation. My Iwata Eclipse HP-CS is a workhorse and I have a Paassche with three needles and nozzles in a wooden case and that's where it stays..LOL

The results are in....I spoke to my financial advisor (aka the wife) and my LOAN was approved lmao. so I decided to go with a Badger Velocity from Coast airbrush. I was interested in the krome but it seemed too much like a pencil, and I have reasonably good size hands and the Velocity is closer to what I am used to so will be ordering come payday.

YIPPEEEEEEE!! My new airbrush is ordered :excitement: Badger Velocity from Coast airbrush!!!

Back